My first gig

MetallicSlayerDeth

Staring into your soul...
Sep 1, 2009
Sweden
Holy FUCK that was a blast:OMG:

I assume you don't give a fuck about how I got there so I'll just say it took 5 hours.

Well inside Raubtier was finishing their set with Kamphund , my fvourite Raubtier song so that was pretty cool I guess:p Looked like they had een doing quite well cuz the crowd wouldn't get that big until Dark Tranquillity after that.

Wolf were decent. I ate lunch while watching them but that didn't really matter. They couldn't work the crowd very well and theydragged out voodoo WAY too much. They get a plus for honoring Dio though (RIP).
2/5
Highlight: Nothing

Next was Taylor Hawkins and those other guy's who weren't very interesting. Taylor did all the flirting with the crowd and he wasn't that bad. They were all excellent musicians but sadly, the songs were all the fucking same. That would have maybe worked but since it was only decent, it got very boring in the end.
2.5/5
Highlight: Them showing off their skills

Then came Heavens Basement... I watched the first few song and then fled to the thirf stage were Aggressive Chill were playing. They were ok. Not much to say.
2.5/5
Highlight: Handing out cds

Therapy?? I wasn't all that interested and the sun was blinding me so I went back to the third stage again. This time, Cervello. Also an ok band. They didn't hand out any cds ut the bassist gave me a thumbs up since I was the only one headbaning throughout the whole thing:lol:
2.5/5
Highlight: Bassist gave me thumbs up.

Finally the good band were starting to show up. First up, Dark Tranquillity. They were good, and finally a moshpit. But they didn't play any songs I recognized so that was kinda disapointing. And I satayed the fuck away from the moshpit but at least it was there.
3/5
Highlight: Circle pit

Airbourne... I already knew that the lead guitarist and singer was a crazy fuck, but this was waaay beyond my expectations. Throwing beercans into the crowd, running around like a maniac, drinking a bottle of (probably fake) wine and climbing up on the stage with the guitar and soloing up there!? Australia is a fucked up place... The rest of the band was also headbangin their fucking heads of and acted kinda crazy but they couldn't come close to that maniac. They also had a moshpit going at the end which I was forced into. At first I was scared as fuck but it was actually fucking fun:kickass: The songs weren't that great though, but that's just my taste.
4/5
Highlight: Mr. maniac climbing up on top of the stage and the moshpit at the end.

Deftones... To the third stage! Mediocre death/thrash??? band The Generals were playing but I didn't really enjoy it. I ate dinner instead.
1.5/5
Highlight: -

Time for the bigshots:devil: Cavalera conspiracy were great! First three song I just couldn't stop headbangin and they opened a circle pit for us. The show got worse with time though and in the end I was just waiting for Exodus.
3.5/5
Highlight: Sanctuary

Exodus... Were probably one of the best experiences of my life. A circle pit throughe the entire thing, 3 songs from Bonded By Blood (title track, lesson in violence and strike of the beast I belive), a naked guy running around in the pit who the whole band saluted AND a fucking wall of death. I was so tired I didn't think I would survive Megadeth after.
5.5/5
Highlight: Wall of death

So... Time to see Dave Mustaine in real life... It was brilliant. They played a great set and the crowd worked itself up. Everyone sang along and had a great time. Then they left the stage and I was like "WTF? No epic finale?" But Ellefson and Drover came back and Peace Sells/Mechanix/...But Who's Buying?/Holy Wars ending solo medley was played. They threw a bunch of picks in the crowd and most of them fell to the ground. When they left the stage everyone were crawling on the grund looking for picks. I saw a green one only after a few second and I was half a second too late before someone else took it. FUCK. But what's that? That's an abnormally sharp rock... OMG CHRIS BRODERICK PICK AAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
5/5
Highlight: Ending medley, Holy Wars and Headcrusher

Overall: 5/5 (Mostly for for Exodus and Megadeth:lol:)

btw, how long is the beep in my ear gonna be there?

At the Evile gig I saw, it took two SONGS. That's how awesome they are. :p

Thats good to hear though MSD, now I reeeeaaaally want to see Megadeth live. :lol:

Over here pretty much any band gets at least one pit going the moment they start playing.

People mosh to literally anything here, even Plain White Tees as I saw a couple of years ago (it was a festival, I didn't actually go out of my way to one of their gigs, before the bullets come flying in)

Well, it was fucking hot outside:p And we don't waste our time moshing to anything but absolute greatness

And we're probably pussies

I like headbanging, it'd be cool to see a load of people just headbanging along or having a bit of a dance in whatever form. But moshpits are a bit... Bunch of topless dudes enjoying each other too much. They're not my thing.

Glad you enjoyed the gig dude!

I'll be a Slayer fan...

"This pit is a warzone duuuddeee!!! You can't come out unhurt!! I broke my face off in the Slayer waarrrzzonneee once and carried on moshingwrkguwreywg I'm going to cut Slayer into my skin because I'm a dick yyuuurrrgggjjeennnbuurrrgeennn!!!"

They're actually like that! I watched Slayer in 2004 when I was like 12 or 13 and somebidy said to me "If you don't get injured it's not a good gig"... Right... It's just a bunch of sweaty men pissing about. That doesn't make a gig fun for me. But watching the band makes it fun!

Bloody moshpiddle.

Oh yeah?

129157564634293928.gif

Take that fool