My Newest Studio Desk Build

the_drip

Martriden K
Jan 8, 2004
Spokane WA.
So far this build has gone super smooth, tomorrow I start to sand and finish. Im going to use Hurculiner on the the whole thing since its made from super cheap subflooring plywood that i got for free except for some baltic birch for the cross members which were just extra from my last desk build. So the whole thing is only gonna cost me about 70 bucks and about 3 days of work

monsterdesk.jpg

cablemanagement.jpg

frontview.jpg

(EDIT)

Just finished putting the second coat of Hurculiner on, now i have to let it cure for 1-4 days before any heavy use, and then it will be invincible!!

Hurc7.jpg

hurc6.jpg

Hurc5.jpg

hurc4.jpg

hurc3.jpg

hurc2.jpg

EDIT

apholstry6.jpg

apholstry5.jpg

apholstry2.jpg

new leather upholstry

Reactions: Bill Kessel
Very nice man!! Great job!
I just finished mine using MDF and a modular design I poorely made on sketchup. It has wheels, drawers, door (made a place to keep my mics) and lots of 'custom' stuff to fit my needs. Because of that I had to spend a few more bucks. Still it costed me less than 1/4 of the price of a custom ordered one
Btw, I can share the design if anyone is interested on the idea/concepts. Again, I learned how to use sketchup and drawed the table in 1 morning.. hahaha

i would love a sketchup file for this or measurments/plans, Ill be making a new desk in the new year and this is my faverate d.i.y build ive come across, At the least some new pics on the finished thing?? Awesome job though