My studio Desk build Part 2

the_drip@ looks awesome, what mixing console you're planning to get?

I didnt really plan on getting a console..I just sold my firepod a month ago and am trying to get rid of some more gear before i go after a focusrite 56...

I just have a small midi keyboard im going to put on the table top.

Dude the room looks sweet! Which website did you order your insulation from?

I didnt really plan on getting a console..I just sold my firepod a month ago and am trying to get rid of some more gear before i go after a focusrite 56...

I just have a small midi keyboard im going to put on the table top.

Dude the room looks sweet! Which website did you order your insulation from?

I bought the insulation at a local building supplier in Ontario called GlassCell IsoFab or something. You should easily be able to find something local, there are a million companies that make stuff equivalent to OC703, shipping that shit is expensive.

The bottom racks are only 12 spacers so Its not near as tall as the studio Rta

Holy shit Erms! Every time i watch those real trap videos I start freaking out over bass traps...damn apartment. But those Mega traps are super expensive. 249 or something per section...yikes. Im gonna have to figure out something that works similar but costs way cheaper.

So this wont work but i thought id ask just to see what you think.

If you had a full book shelf and moved the books back and fourth on each shelf to different Depths would it work as a sort of Half ass free diffuser if placed on your rear wall? would this do anything related to a real diffuser or have i just been thinking about this stuff to much?

Hey man,

I definitely wasn't suggesting that you buy the Megatrap! It's just an indication of 'superchunking' being the best method for bass trapping in residential type properties.

You can approximate the same product by simply stacking triangular pieces of OC 703 or 705 in your corners, covering them with a thin plastic facing, and then just covering them in fabric for appearance. Great performance and easy enough to do.

As far as bookshelves go, unfortunately they don't make great diffusers. I would recommend sticking to absorption unless you really feel you need diffusion. Reason being that diffusers are a bit more involved than simple absorber panels. If you really are set on the idea however, check out the acoustic calculator. If you check my thread history, you'll see the thread I made about it 2 weeks or so ago.

Cheers!