My Newest Studio Desk Build

I ripped this design from the photos (did the measurements by proportion), but i decided modify a bit to fit more equip.
drms%20(6).jpg

I dig everything about that desk other than it doesn't seem to be dual monitor screen friendly, unless I'm mistaken.

It houses a 27"; single big monitor > two monitors every time.

*edit* I thought this thread was about the build for Otero, as seen here: https://www.facebook.com/flatlineaudio

Looks like this is an earlier one of a similar design, though.

There are measures on the interwebs, just search. I was thinking about it a while ago and I remember seeing different DIY models.

I'll definitely end up building one eventually.

There are measures on the interwebs, just search. I was thinking about it a while ago and I remember seeing different DIY models.

I'll definitely end up building one eventually.

I couldn't find anything on measurements or anything. Any ideas? This desk looks incredible and since I'm redesigning the studio this winter, I would love to do this style desk.

It houses a 27"; single big monitor > two monitors every time.

*edit* I thought this thread was about the build for Otero, as seen here: https://www.facebook.com/flatlineaudio

Looks like this is an earlier one of a similar design, though.

It just didn't look like a 27" to me. :lol:

If it can hold a 27 though it can hold 2 smaller ones so the point is made.

don't want to rez a dead thread but i have been mulling over this design for literally 2 weeks. anyone idea on the angles/dimentions?

So far this build has gone super smooth, tomorrow I start to sand and finish. Im going to use Hurculiner on the the whole thing since its made from super cheap subflooring plywood that i got for free except for some baltic birch for the cross members which were just extra from my last desk build. So the whole thing is only gonna cost me about 70 bucks and about 3 days of work

monsterdesk.jpg

cablemanagement.jpg

frontview.jpg

(EDIT)

Just finished putting the second coat of Hurculiner on, now i have to let it cure for 1-4 days before any heavy use, and then it will be invincible!!

Hurc7.jpg

hurc6.jpg

Hurc5.jpg

hurc4.jpg

hurc3.jpg

hurc2.jpg

EDIT

apholstry6.jpg

apholstry5.jpg

apholstry2.jpg

new leather upholstry

Hey...I really like this recording console. I'd like to know how you joined the plywood faces together to make the strong sides...are there two 3/4" plywood pieces glued or nailed together? Thanks for your advice.

Hello Bill Kessel here please let me know how I can get ahold of the measurements for this desk I’ll gladly pay for the plans I’m 73 and I got a ton of time on me hands want to build a desk for me I promise not to give the plans to anybody else
Please contact me at williamkessel3319@gmail.com or text me at (716) 348-8343