Building a nice studio desk.

Thanks guys! I got the molding in today(they rushed it to me), and my T-nuts for the rack rails, so as long as the temp is around 40deg on Monday, I should be able to finish it.

Looking real good man.

PS - How do you like that Tascam US2400? Does it work well with Reaper?

I love it. I couldn't use it for a long time since it didn't work under Windows Vista 64, but it works great with Windows 7.

It's fully functional in Reaper. The only issue I have is the jog wheel, it is really inaccurate and jumpy in Reaper and can't figure out why.

So the desk is all done and in my room. Problem is I can't get any pics of it, since this thing is huge and in a 10x10 bedroom, along with my bed and dresser and amps and cabs. I can't get far enough away from it to get it all in the camera. I'll figure something out like panorama shots and post em asap. It came out better than I thought it would.

This is the best I could do getting a pic in the small room. The angle I'm at makes it look a lot smaller than it really is. Came out nice.

a2.jpg

It was a lot of work, but better than buying one. Final cost ended up being $220. Including the cost of the rack rails. Only thing I would change on it is adding casters. This thing is impossible to move once it's in place with all the gear on it. I'd add them now, but I don't have the proper bracing to support the casters on the bottom of the side racks. If I put them on, it wouldn't support the weight very well.

Yep, really cool! I've also going to make one, once I move to another house, so any improvement ideas would be nice :) Personally, I'll go with ergonomics and functionality in mind, so there's going to be some nice small details :)