My parents are being assholes?

RedStorm

Death has come
Apr 30, 2014
somewhere in the milky way
So I'm 14 and I've been into metal since last December i usually will go out to the store with my sister to buy the cd's but my sisters leaving to go to college and so I've been trying to get used to buying stuff of amazon with amazon cards. Today i just bought a Chuck Schuldiner tribute shirt. She knows i got an amazon card and told me after i bought the shirt that before i bought anything off amazon i would have to consult her so she knew i wasn't buying anything weird which she's referring to metal. They used Megadeth as an example of what i shouldn't be buying. This whole time in my head I'm thinking 'FUCK YOU!'. Since my sitters going off to college its going to be hard to buy cd's. Is this a good excuse to use youtube converter? i hate not supporting the bands and record labels but as a last ditch effort is this what i should do? any advice would be great.
-Rob

So I'm 14 and I've been into metal since last December i usually will go out to the store with my sister to buy the cd's but my sisters leaving to go to college and so I've been trying to get used to buying stuff of amazon with amazon cards. Today i just bought a Chuck Schuldiner tribute shirt. She knows i got an amazon card and told me after i bought the shirt that before i bought anything off amazon i would have to consult her so she knew i wasn't buying anything weird which she's referring to metal. They used Megadeth as an example of what i shouldn't be buying. This whole time in my head I'm thinking 'FUCK YOU!'. Since my sitters going off to college its going to be hard to buy cd's. Is this a good excuse to use youtube converter? i hate not supporting the bands and record labels but as a last ditch effort is this what i should do? any advice would be great.
-Rob

You're worried about giving your allowance to support millionaire Dave Mustaine and the billionaire CEOs at Amazon? I mean if we're talking about some small labels and an indy record store or website, I get it, but Megadeth and Amazon? Stop being a tool and just download that shit.

Guess I was lucky I never had the problem with my parents when I younger, but I think maybe you should understand you couldn't make them understand what they can't, like how you couldn't expect the assholes here not to be assholes as they can't help it anyway. So I agree with others, you could always buy the stuff later.

-Rob

If your parents are like mine, they will think it's just a "fase". You should never (ever, EVER) do anything 'cause "everyone else" does it. Stand up for what YOU think is right and best for you.
Download the albums if you can't afford them right now.

MASTURBATE ON THE THRONE OF my parents
CRUCIFIXION OF my parents
STAKES ARE MOUNTED WITH THE HEADS OF my parents
NOCTURNAL SPELLS ARE CASTED...
my parents BEGINS TO BLEED

Unless I'm reading something wrong here, the title of this topic should actually be "My sister is being an asshole." Oh, and good to know you're reaping all the sweet benefits of living in the Bible belt in the U.S.

P.S. Someone should make a topic called "Dave Mustaine is asshole."

If your parents are like mine, they will think it's just a "fase". You should never (ever, EVER) do anything 'cause "everyone else" does it. Stand up for what YOU think is right and best for you.
Download the albums if you can't afford them right now.

Ok! Thank you for ring one of the few to actually answer my question!