My report on Dead Heart in a Dead World

The only worthwhile song on that CD is "Dead Heart In A Dead World".

...and even after that I still say it's still a hell of a lot more inspired than the other two most recent albums.

It's definitely their weakest CD. The only song I fully enjoy is River Dragon. Insignificant is okay too. Most of the other songs suffer from those horrific groovy rhythm parts. Too bad since the vocals and guitar solos are amazing.

NP: Mourning Beloveth

Stealer of Dreams said:
Dude, yes, Dead Heart>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Enemies of Reality.

LIES.

Enemies destroys Dead heart lyrically and musically. The complete message that enemies throws out is fucking amazing.

Stealer of Dreams said:
Dude, yes, Dead Heart>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Enemies of Reality.

THANK you. I didnt hate enemies of reality, but give me Dead Heart any day of the week over it for sure. EOR has to many "skip" tracks, while I rarely skip over any tracks when listening to Dead Heart.

En Vind Av Sorg said:
THANK you. I didnt hate enemies of reality, but give me Dead Heart any day of the week over it for sure. EOR has to many "skip" tracks, while I rarely skip over any tracks when listening to Dead Heart.

I fail to see how EoR is worse than deadheart :(

I suppose we can all just say: I love Nevermore and hug though :p

Honestly, alot of EOR bores me, it sounds a little uninspired. Dead Heart just has so much feeling and "heart" behind it that it makes it much better, simply in my opinion though, most people dont agree.

When I first got into Nevermore (which was through the Believe in Nothing single... the clip played on some music show) I only really liked the track Believe in Nothing. I was expecting a power metal band when I checked out the rest of Dead Heart in a Dead World and I just didn't like Nevermore at all for the longest period of time.

Gave it another chance a few years later and here I am... DNB is shaping up to be my favourite album, Dead Heart is close behind and after that either PoE or TGE.

The great thing about Nevermore is not only how different every album sounds, but how many different kinds of songs are on each album. There's very few Nevermore songs that I would go out of my way to skip. But then I have a really weird taste in music. One moment I can be listening to, say, Dream Theater, then immediately afterwards switch to a band like Emperor.

As far as Dead Heart, I think I could do without Evolution 169. That's probably about the only change I would make.

Final_Product said:
LIES.

Enemies destroys Dead heart lyrically and musically. The complete message that enemies throws out is fucking amazing.

I agree, DHIADW has far too many "nu" overtones to it, and too many goddamn sad ballads. EOR is much more brutal, in fact I think many of the riffs might have given Warrel some trouble in the vocal melody arrangement. Very badass lyrics throughout EOR, but I don't think melodic singing fits the death metal-esque riffing very well. Certain parts of Ambivalent and Never Purify are good examples, what kind of vocal melody could've possibly fit those songs well?

ill tell you how eor is worse than dead heart. first, warrel's vocals are weak. theyre still good comparable to any other metal band, but for his abilities they're sub par. this is clear considering the huge improvement with TGE now that he stopped drinking. second, the album has only, what....8 songs? i dont count noumenon (spelling?). thirdly, the last song, seed awakening is pretty sub standard musically speaking...very filler IMO. the same goes for who decides........sounds like they wrote that one in 5 minutes. so that leaves the the other 6 songs which are all very, very strong. but when you throw them against heavyweights like river dragon, heart collector, engines of hate, disintegrate, etc.....it fails. an album with 6 great songs isnt better than an album with 8+ great songs, the other 3 still being very strong. but in the end, thats only my opinion and if you disagree.......that's politics!