My report on Dead Heart in a Dead World

Will Bozarth

Everlasting Godstopper
Jan 26, 2002
New Jersey
www.facebook.com
Was listening to it in the car the other day. I don't know WHY I thought it was shit. I guess I looked through the chugga, and the catchiness grabbed me. Believe in Nothing is still shit, though.

DHIADW is still my least favorite cd, but it has some glimmer of hope now :p

Heart Collector, Insignificant, Engines of Hate, Dead Heart, River Dragon, great songs... I dont really care for Narco, 4 Walls, We Disintegrate (riff regurgitation), beleive in nothing, the sound of silence, evolution 169, and if theres anything else, i forget the title because i never listen to them.

Tempest said:
Heart Collector, Insignificant, Engines of Hate, Dead Heart, River Dragon, great songs... I dont really care for Narco, 4 Walls, We Disintegrate (riff regurgitation), beleive in nothing, the sound of silence, evolution 169, and if theres anything else, i forget the title because i never listen to them.

Four Walls is weak, and The Sound of Silence is just horrible...I really wish they left that track off. The rest of the CD is pretty strong.

After I take a long break from the album, I listen then I say the same thing everytime at first, then I listen to it again soon after that and I'm back to where I started.

Try that and decide again.

narco, disintegrate, river dragon, heart collector and engines are the best on there. everything else is good, but not great.

can anyone guess which song is Jeff's favorite to play from this album?

Devy_Metal said:
narco, disintegrate, river dragon, heart collector and engines are the best on there. everything else is good, but not great.

can anyone guess which song is Jeff's favorite to play from this album?

Engines of Hate? Because it's so much fun to play? :tickled: No, what is it?

I love that cd.

Nothing wrong with chugging riffs, if they're used effectively and they create a good groove.

I actually think that Dead heart is Nevermore's strongest album in the vocal department. However, compared to the other albums, its lacking something mighty in the instrumental area. There are definitly some good songs.