My Review Of St. Anger........

Bottom..the Band Is Lazy..the Producer Is Lazy....

Metallica Is Officailly 11% Dead.

I Won't Even Go See Them On Tour This Time..i Haven't Missed A Metallica Tour Since 1991..fuckt Them!!!

I'd Rather Go See Some Death Metal!

Pyrus said:
US: I just wanted to get it out in the open. I don't mind conversation, but I just wanted to state that I'm not spending all my time desperately trying to like St. Anger so I can post on this board. I have other things to do, such as watch that documentary. Which brings me to...

Rant over.

Good response. But like Mindinsane said, most of the time people are trying to push your buttons. You shouldn't try to explain things to people around here I would say, fuck them if they think you're spending all your time trying to like St. Anger.

because were not all assholes on this board....just smartasses....big difference

I'm the living proof of that :tickled:

Testament Legions said:
Speaking of scary things...

I saw Metalli-spank at the Kabuki in S.F. BEFORE Pyrus was even born! I think it was '84???

Were you there both nights? I was, those shows were some of the best Metallica shows I've ever seen! That night I bought & still have a Ride the Lightning Sweatshirt, with all the tour dates on the back.....It's a little tight though(nowadays)...............

Wow....some peoples kids. There is no relevance to Metallica in metal any longer. Its time to quit flogging that horse. Although it is sort of amusing to watch the train wreck that is Met's career, spiraling out of control as it is. So I say we just sit back and watch em burn out and fade away.

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by Testament Legions
Speaking of scary things...

I saw Metalli-spank at the Kabuki in S.F. BEFORE Pyrus was even born! I think it was '84???
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HEY!!! That was before I was born too!!! o_O you're my idol TL :Spin:

Ahhhh, the much anticipated St. Anger. Grrrrrr...Metallica is angry now. Hahaha. Kirk continues his ascension into the ranks of all time musical minimalists. James continues to battle tone-deaf-itus. Lars can now officially be timed with a sun-dial. And the new guy has changed his mind about that new Metallica tatoo. These guys are so brutal it's now officially become pathetic. Listening to Metallica for me nowadays is depressing. I'm not mad at them anymore. They have enough problems.

Deadly Embrace said:
Were you there both nights? I was, those shows were some of the best Metallica shows I've ever seen! That night I bought & still have a Ride the Lightning Sweatshirt, with all the tour dates on the back.....It's a little tight though(nowadays)...............

Yes, I went both nights. The Kabuki was a great venue. Too bad we never met each other back then. I had just moved to the Bay Area and didn't know many people.

Deadly Embrace said:
Alright, after listening to the album a few times:

It's defineately better than Load & Relaod....(but I hate those albums).......but not much better, nor much heavier.

DE, I am sooo disappointed in St. Anger. In fact, on the second go around, I had to actually hit the skip button several times hoping that the next cut would be what it was hyped up to be. Me, being a huge Metallica fan, am thoroughly displeased. What a bummer. I did try to sit through it a second and third time. Maybe the fourth would have been the charm but I don't think so. Hey! Maybe one good thing can come out of this, I might win Hammett's guitar. LOL. Like I have said before, I will still buy their music, doesn't mean I have to listen to it, just check it out and pass it on to the boys! :)

MindInsane said:
Yea...Hey Pyrus...where are you now? Maybe we should have VH1 do a show on Metallica supporters...Where are they Now? :tickled: Then we would cut to a scene where a guy sits on his bedroom floor with headphones on, repeatedly listening to St Anger and in between each play he states, "Ok now this time I KNOW it'll grow on me (please God let it grow on me...I can't post until it does)"

Leave it to Mind! That's a goodie. As for me, I'm here and very sick to my stomach about this one!

Give what a rest? Expression my opinion or defending myself?

"Learn for your mistakes"...you're not making any sense in context, you know. Every board I'm on, people bother me about Metallica...it gets irritating. I can understand why, but now I'm letting people know that I'm not going to bother replying until I feel like it. As a courtesy of sorts.

If you'd like to continue patronizing me, have fun.

That's physically impossible, you know.

That's a matter of interpretation. Myself, I don't give a damn what it is if it sounds good...that's why The Rolling Stones, The Proclaimers, and Johnny Cash all rock. It just so happens that most of the shit I listen to is metal, possibly because metal tends to sound good. But define St. Anger as whatever you want, that still won't change its quality (which I'm still not sure about.)

estigma2001 said:
hey pyrus but its not metal, its ok if you like it, but is not metal is not thrash

You DO know that your ''St. Anger is not metal'' thing is getting old already, right?