Well, Im listening to St. Anger right now...

Wolftribe said:
1.) Soilwork have been trying to appeal to the masses, have you heard how increasingly soft they've gotten?
2.)

Yeah, a band like Soilwork (or In Flames for that matter) will sell Platinum records in the US because they now have clean vocal choruses and use electronica. Get real. Those bands have no shot of making it big here in the States, and in places other than their homelands. They weren;t trying to appeal to anyone, they and In Flames just changed direction because they had both been putting out the same tired shit for the past 3 records.

DavE

Ihreil Junkenstein said:
2 MINUTES?

I sense a severe case of "Ilovetalicaisis"

Listen to the fucking thing. It's not that good.

If you read my posts above you will see that I am not a Metallica fan....I wanted to hate this record, fact is, it is a great album! I don't know what people expect out of some bands.....were they supposed to put out the equivalent of In the Nightside Eclipse or Anthems?

DavE

Ihreil Junkenstein said:
Ozzfest last year and donnigton- There were more soilwork shirts than Tallica and ministry shirts put together.

Soilwork are getting big you retarded fuck.
Talk to me when they have a platinum......even Gold, album by RIAA standards. Also at Donington, wasn't Tallica a surprise guest this year?

owned.jpg

uhhh

I went out of my way to make sure I did not say metallica were playing nu metal, however, their riffs are VERY similar to korn and mudvayne. Does that automatically mean I am stating they rap or have DJS, FUCK NO.
Thats where the DOWN/COC comes in...

And seriously, have YOU listened to the mudvayne and corn records? I have, just to TRY and discover WHY people would like them. Answer, because it sounds muddy, heavy and loud.Thats what the teens want, this is what metallica is delivering.

As for IF, here in Canada, there are a fair number of people who actually know of IF, most of them are nu metal kids...their cross over seems to be working and is probably being reflected in their album sales.

And, I obviusly do not own this record, I downloaded it, I NEVER said I bought it, I said I lisened to it.

No, do me a favour and listen to Korns BLIND, then put on ST Anger (SONG)....if you cant heaR the resemblance, it's because you refuse to.

Poison God said:
were they supposed to put out the equivalent of In the Nightside Eclipse or Anthems?

Man, they couldnt do that even with guns to their heads back in 1983, 84, 85, 86 ,87 ,88 or 89

no way in hell they could do it NOW

retarded penguin said:
Man, they couldnt do that even with guns to their heads back in 1983, 84, 85, 86 ,87 ,88 or 89

no way in hell they could do it NOW

Well duh, but it seems as though people will never be satisfied unless they pull something like that.

I own KoRn's Blind and Mudvayne's latest cd and they sound nothing like St. Anger. Now Down/CoC are NU as well?! As for "IF" their sales really aren't any better than Clayman this time around, so I don't see how their updated style has dramatically made any difference at all.

DavE

Poison God said:
this record is way too heavy, muddy, and loud to appeal to nu metal crowds.
this made me laugh out loud for about 2 minutes. 'heavy, muddy, loud' is the very definition of numetal. wtf is korn? heavy, muddy, and loud. wtf was the first limp bizkit album? heavy, muddy, and loud. get a grip dude, you lose.
-neal

neal said:
this made me laugh out loud for about 2 minutes. 'heavy, muddy, loud' is the very definition of numetal. wtf is korn? heavy, muddy, and loud. wtf was the first limp bizkit album? heavy, muddy, and loud. get a grip dude, you lose.
-neal

haha
heavy, muddy, and loud
Enemies Of Reality?

Stop flirting kids. Poison God is right because I agree with him and I'm never wrong. If I was going to compare St anger to anything else it would be other Tallica records. Seriously this shit does NOT sounds like fuckin Mudvayne, what the fuck are you guys thinking!?! Mudvayne have a completely different fuckin sound. Oh but wait, the production. Well holy shit fuck me, if the production on two albums is similar that must inherently mean they are going for the same sound. Wake the fuck up, the production on "nu metal" albums is nowhere near as raw or unrefined as this. If anything, this style of production heralds back to the Testament "Low" era.

As for the Korn comparisons... honestly... each song has more than two riffs so yeah you lose there also. Linkin Park... hmm complete lack of turntables and "hip hop" style singing, whoops. See above for riff comparison.

Honestly I don't get why everybody is getting so much PMS over this thread... either you like it or you don't, but whatever the fuck you think it isn't your place to pass judgement on something cause you're still bitter about not living in 1986.

If I was going to compare St anger to anything else it would be other Tallica records.

Like load and reload, right? Because thats pretty much the only ones you can compare it to, due to the vocal melodies.

Seriously this shit does NOT sounds like fuckin Mudvayne
Sure it does!

what the fuck are you guys thinking!?!
rationally?

Mudvayne have a completely different fuckin sound. Oh but wait, the production. Well holy shit fuck me, if the production on two albums is similar that must inherently mean they are going for the same sound.

No, but they sound the same.

Wake the fuck up, the production on "nu metal" albums is nowhere near as raw or unrefined as this.

"Raw", "unrefined", "shitty", "a half a years worth of time in a studio making a record with shitty production"
I say tomato, you say corn on the cob

If anything, this style of production heralds back to the Testament "Low" era.
Except, not.

As for the Korn comparisons... honestly... each song has more than two riffs so yeah you lose there also

I never lose, wanna know why? BECAUSE, while you jerk your dick to every syllabel uttered by hetfield, I sit back and listen to the music.That little opening riff in St Anger is used througout the song, it's really like the only solid guitar riff in the song.....there are just VERY weak rythm sections on top, but it's SO COMPLEX it takes a few listens to comprehend. :rolleyes:

Linkin Park... hmm complete lack of turntables and "hip hop" style singing, whoops. See above for riff comparison.

FOR FUCK SAKES, I NEVER COMPARED THEM TO LINKIN PARK, AND DONT SAY IT WAS NOT DIRECED A ME BECAUSE I KNOW IT WAS.

Honestly I don't get why everybody is getting so much PMS over this thread... either you like it or you don't, but whatever the fuck you think it isn't your place to pass judgement on something cause you're still bitter about not living in 1986.

Bands I prefer over metallica...YES, THEIR WHOLE FUCKING LOUSY CAREER

angel witch
death
iron maiden
fates warning
satan
witchfinder general
manilla road
necronomicon
kreator
dark angel
death angel
slayer
nevermore
testament
dungeon
queensryche
dream theater
megadeth
symphony x
arch enemy
in flames
meat loaf
judas priest
iced earth
immolation
amon amarth
opeth
paradise lost
burzum
emperor
black sabbath
mayhem
dark throne
dimmu borgir
cradle of filth
mercyful fate
king diamond
nightwish
primal fear
running wild
nuclear assault
obituary
catastrophic
sanctuary
by war
satanic warmaster
possessed
rapture
lux occulta
samael
fall of the leafe
sodom
voivod
cathedral
zyklon
wolf
whiplash
candlemass
celtic frost
children of bodom
COC
blind guardian
burden of grief
dissection
absu
defleshed
adagio

ETC ETC ETC ET FUCKING CETERA

FUCK 1986.
I'm pissy because you bastards are wasting time on a 1/10000000 ass record like st anger when all those bands waste metallica

Angel Witch
Satan
Witchfinder General
Manilla Road

How the fuck did you start listening to these Bands?
Great fargin band choices fella!

Check some of these bands out RP (or anyone):

Helstar
Nasty Savage
Riot (pre 85' - start with "Fire Down Under")
Quartz
Tygers Of Pantang - Spellbound
Tank - Filth Hounds Of Hades
The Rods
Jewels Big Tits In Her New Video - Monster Breastes
Rose Tattoo - "Assault & Battery" or any disk
Aerosmith - Rocks ( don't laugh RP,Testament covered a song from this classic
Exodus - Bonded By Blood (THE #1 thrash album ever IMRO)
Warfare (I noticed this whole thread is warfare)
Jewels Big Natural MilkSprayers - They Are Fun Bags Of Joy
Hirax -Crazy stuff
UFO - Strangers In The Night (best live album ever)
The Mentors - "You Axed For It" or "Up The Dose"
Metal Church - "Metal Church" or "The Dark"
Agent Steel - 1st or 2nd + E.P (Mad Locust Rising)
Sabbbbatt - Early stuff
Glory Bells Band - Hard to find 1st album,But I have the record still
OZ - Fire In The Brain - E.P with "Turn The Cross Upside Down" And "Search Lights" amazing tunes
Killer - 2 different bands (not the Paul Dianno's Killer)
Paul Dianno - N.O.M.A.D
Witchcross - 1st one (hard to find ,but killer album) Light Of The Cross
Metallica - St Anger-haha,thats gonna anger someome----------
Angelwitch - Live 90'
Diamond Head - too many different versions, but early eg. "Lightning.......
Jewel Vs The Mayo Sprayer-Eat My Kids (part Them) Attack Of The Jug Clones
The Defaced - Great shiite
Hallows Eve - Any
The Pussy Farts - The Sound Of The FishWind
Heavy Pettin" - 1st
Rockbitch - Fist Fuck (download the vid from Kazaa, the golden shower topic was mentioned in a earlier thread ,well there is alot of pissing and other party tricks by this bunch of classy gals) SHOCKING

Check some of these bands out,.bound to like one from this opionated list haha bla bla

Jewel is top heavy

dude, nasty savage, \m/

I fucking love those bastards, heard'em on a BWBK compilation

Ill check out the stuff on that list