My review on: Heaven And Hell's "The Devil You Know"

JGMetalhead

Anti-humorizing DL Whore
Mar 22, 2009
New Jersey
---Album Rating: 95%---

---Introduction---
So finally Heaven and Hell have released their debut. A certainly big talk of the millenium... Will this band ever release an album? Of course and here it is. Absolutly worth the buy and an instant classic for its time. A band with members of black sabbath and dio combined! The truth to behold! A legendary band of the century indeed. What I really like about this album is it brings back the inspiration of the 70s as if it was the 70s again. I recommend this album to all you rock fans. The only bad I would have to say about this album is the drummer is somewhat inconsistent but he still follows up to the point this album is still great.

---Track Rating---
(+1) - Atom & Evil ->
Goto love the beginning of this track. The riffs are chilling and resemble doom metal essentials that black sabbath and dio are known for. The riffing of course gets better and you can't get any better after listening to Ronnie's fabulous vocal technique throughout this song. But honestly the chugs are played right, the structure itself there is no flaws at all. Very nice and classical sounding.

(+1) - Fear -> [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0PVfe_vHTE...feature=related[/ame]
Nice thrashy beginning, goes into a nice drum intrication and then some nice chugs and then here comes Ronnie. The melody is indeed fantastic, I myself am thinking... WAIT IS THIS CLASSIC OLDSCHOOL? No wait its actually new stuff and its great! Keep it up dio, fantastic. Enough said.

(+1) - Bible Black ->
A very well played acoustic beginning and some put in guitar intrictation in between. Ronnie certainly is still doing a good job with the vocals. After a bit it becomes all out Heaven and Hell! In fact I recall this song being on the single they released before the album! It was in fact one of the highlights of this album and it stands out and represents at full will.

(+1) - Double the Pain ->
Wicked bass intrication in the beginning, very nice Geezer. The riffs come a bit after and it gets better from there. This is certainly top notch high quality old school sounding stuff right here. Ronnie's vocals of couse kick in a little after and also becomes better. Double the pain with more gain indeed!!!

(+1) - Rock & Roll Angel ->
I didn't expect such a tuned beginning but of course it works fine. Ronnie's vocals kick in well as always. The riffs keep their pace very well and theres nothing very bad to say about this song and theres a really cool solo in between

(+1) - Turn Of The Screw -> [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCQ77fjntbE...feature=related[/ame]
This song has a very chilling opening such as the first track "Atom & Evil" which is great. Ronnie come in a bit after and it holds up nicely. It certainly gets better all the way through. Keep it up H&H. Yet also another nice solo in this song.

(+1) - Eating The Cannibals -> [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecVMPMA2w1M...feature=related[/ame]
Yet another thrashy beginning that flows nicely. OF course it also gets better with Ronnie thrown in and the solos of Tony. Probly the catchiest song on the album in a good way.

(+1) - Follow The Tears ->
Yet another chilling beginning. Very nice chilling riffs indeed. It really gets cooking after a while. Ronnie's vocals kick in extremely well and it really is quite fine and nothing bad to say about this.

(+1) - Neverwhere ->
Another cool and thrashy beginning. Another seemingly catchy song as well. Ronnie kills it very well in this. Very good overall nothing bad to say. Another sick solo in this one, I guess they really like doing solos between the middle of the song.

(+1) - Breaking Into Heaven ->
This is probly the most doomy song on the album, however its still no better or greater than the others in a good way. The riffs sound great and everything flows accordingly. It eventually tightens up and the solo comes towards the end.

Last edited by a moderator: