My Saffire 24 is getting me nuts!!

Scottxx

Apr 23, 2009
Help me please cause I'm getting mad!

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bits, AMD Phenom II x6 1055t, 4 GB Ripjaws. Everthing working ok in the system. Tried dpclat.exe and the results are more than excelent, tried the legacy firewire drivers that Focusrite recommends, but the same. Tried the latest beta 2.3b Mix control drivers and no improvement.
I own an ASUS Formula IV matherboard and the onboard sound is disabled at bios and at windows. The chipset for the firewire is the VIA VT6315N.

Can't get less than 512 samples. If I downgrade to 384 there are lots of crackle and rubish sound. This is no great for live tracking. This is not right when my cpu with 8 tracks and like 5 or 6 plugins on each channel shows at max %6 CPU use in Reaper.

Please help me. Just readed all system and tips on the web.
Are you sure that may be the firewire chipset? Which is the newest and better one that I can buy if there is not another solution. Everyone speaks about TI (Texas Instruments), but I had read in a place that the VIA VT6306 and VT6308 and one of the best chipsets for the Saffire.

I need a solution please,
drop me some lines if you have a solution.

Thank you all.

I will try disabling my DVD, The Driller. Thank you.

Yes, Scott. Of course I have tried it! I'm at short but anywhere below 512 starts to crackle!

Get a pci firewire card with a Texas Instruments chipset. Don't use onboard FW. Legacy drivers should not be used since they have support for Windows 7.

If there isn't another solution I will buy PCI express TI card. PCI express over PCI isn't it ? More bandwith and better compatibility cause its modern than PCI.

THank you.

Ostia tío, de vez en cuando se me escapa algunas cosas del inglés pero me hago entender creo.
Ich will spreche ein bischen Deutsch auch.

I bought a new firewire card with the TSB43AB22A chip. So I will tell you later If I could get better performance than my VT6315N and VT6307 chips.