my song book shut down

cobhc34

New Metal Member
Dec 15, 2005
thanks to those corp. assholes, they got sued...and now another good free service is gone

guitar pro is pritty much usless, unless theres another site like book, but i havnt found one as good.

tabx is anoying, and gay...

but its such bull shit, theres so many other tab sites that do the same thing.

thank god i got every tab from mysongbook from 2003, but anything newer i'm fucked

fucking hate the music industry!!!!!!!!

if they put the tab files themselves on a server in a dodgy country i think they'd be alright

KenShiRo said:
thank god i got every tab from mysongbook from 2003, but anything newer i'm fucked

if they put the tab files themselves on a server in a dodgy country i think they'd be alright

You have them all? Maybe...I could host them on my web server. How large is it?

Rock Hydra said:
You have them all? Maybe...I could host them on my web server. How large is it?

So then they bust you instead?!

Biggest pile of wanking cunt ever. It was an amazing site. GP is next to nothing without that resource.

I really don't understand...lets think this through...

Lets split bands into two catagories: Those who have official tab books and those that don't

First, lets take those that do. Now, to release a tab book you've gotta be pretty fecking big to start with, so you're not exactly loosing a lot of money, or any money that you need by downloading tabs transcribed by ear which aren't necessarily accurate.

Then those that don't have tab books are generally small bands, and the only way you can get tabs for them is by sites such as MSB. And many of these bands actually support these sites and encourage downloads from them. And seeing as they don't have tab books available, they're not loosing anything, merely gaining more fans. By the time they do get tab books, they then fall into the above catagory.

This has hit me pretty hard. I'm a completely self-taught guitarist, and most of what I know has been learnt through downloading tabs through MSB, playing them, seeing how they're played etc etc. It pisses me off that a few large corperations can destroy such a valuable resource for many.

I use GP alot for transcribing and composing but this still sucks.

For anyone with a file sharing program like Bearshare, Limewire, DC etc, you should be able to download like 27,000 files, or something like that.

KenShiRo said:

could you zip and jewsendit please? :)

HMJ said:
And many of these bands actually support these sites and encourage downloads from them. And seeing as they don't have tab books available, they're not loosing anything, merely gaining more fans. By the time they do get tab books, they then fall into the above catagory.

Just see norther :D they have their own section in their site for tabs :headbang: