My take on a few songs from the new Evergrey disc

Evergrey has been out of my "blind buy" category since they robbed me of $13 with MMA. It would be very cool if they returned to form and it's a positive sign to hear Glenn's praise of the new tracks. That said, it's been a decade since ISoT, so I'm not holding my breath that they're going to return to SDT/ISoT quality levels any time soon.

Wow, I am so incredibly anxious for this now. I really didn't like Monday Morning Apocalypse, and thought Torn was better, but still not up to par with the amazing chain of the first 5. These in depth break-downs leave me quite hopeful and downright anxious to hear this stuff, though sadly I'm guessing it's gonna be some time, I think they're shooting for a release early NEXT year.

Thanks for your insight, Glenn! I'm very much looking forward to hearing the new disc and hopefully some studio reports/teaser videos get put on the EG website in the not-too-distant future as has been the case for the past couple releases.

Evergrey has been out of my "blind buy" category since they robbed me of $13 with MMA. It would be very cool if they returned to form and it's a positive sign to hear Glenn's praise of the new tracks. That said, it's been a decade since ISoT, so I'm not holding my breath that they're going to return to SDT/ISoT quality levels any time soon.

As long as they make it at least as far back as TIC, I'll be happy. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping for awesome.

(not least because I don't want to have to babysit the forum 24-7 if another round of THIS ALBUM SUCKS breaks out like it did over MMA. whew! :lol: )

The only disc that I truly felt was weak was the last Evergrey disc, so this still remains a blind buy no matter what. If Queensryche can continue to be a blind buy all the way up until Geoff Tates solo disc(I haven't even listened to anything since Empire in many moons!), Evergrey will really have to fuck up to lose my money

Holy shit! SOLD!! That sounds awesome, Glenn! Thanks for that sneak preview. You were so descriptive I can practically hear the new stuff in my head! :lol:

When does this get released? I'm looking forward to hearing this and I know my 14 y/o will be very excited to hear of it too. :)

That would definitely be a nice return to form, and much more realistic than a return to SDT/ISoT levels.

True! But I would cry rivers of happiness if they returned to the ISoT sound (not a copy, just the sound and feeling). ISoT is for me the best and most important album ever made. But as you said, it´s not that realistic...

The Nordic CD/DVD site CDON has a TBA date set to February 28 2011: http://cdon.se/musik/evergrey/tba-12166930

The thought of waiting that long brings me to tears. Tom said they would have it out in November. Hopefully that site is incorrect.

ISoT is in my top 5 of all time; I still listen to it once a week. The release poster is the centerpiece of the art in my house. While I love everything they did (Exception MMA, which I still like) I feel that a return to the style of ISoT would be fantastic.

THAT said, I will be happy with whatever they put out. Tom Englund could release a disk with nothing but him reciting his food shopping list and I would buy it.

I make no apology for that, for Oliva, or anyone else that I truly enjoy. It has served me well over the past decade.

Yeah. If it weren't for occasionally becoming a fan boy, we'd all be a lot less happy. ;)

That would definitely be a nice return to form, and much more realistic than a return to SDT/ISoT levels.

I don't hear much difference in quality between ISoT and tIC. For me, it's a toss-up which one is better. I do hope this next disc comes close to either of those though.

Yeah. If it weren't for occasionally becoming a fan boy, we'd all be a lot less happy. ;)

I don't hear much difference in quality between ISoT and tIC. For me, it's a toss-up which one is better. I do hope this next disc comes close to either of those though.

As more than one person has said on these forums:

A crappy Evergrey disk is still better than 90% of the releases in any given year.

I just went from six to midnight.
I don't know why, but this one took me a second...
:lol: You're slow.

Well, EG has remained a blind buy for me. While Torn and MMA were weaker, they still had tracks that I loved and ended up in my most repeated play lists. I certainly am hoping this one is more solid and dynamic all the way through. That review seems to suggest this could be the case.

I can't change time, but I'm surely twitching with anticipation. :devil: