My take on a few songs from the new Evergrey disc

I'll go ahead and raise my hand as one of the I-actually-liked-MMA crew. It was obviously different but not bad and it did "sound like" Evergrey. One distinctive thing about it is that it's an album that works well during the daytime, whereas most of their albums, like ISOT, I prefer to listen to when it's dark out.

Interesting reactions here. I didn't love MMA, but thought it was a solid enough disc. I thought Torn was a terrific album. My favorite is still the Inner Circle though. I get chills every time I hear "When the Walls Come Down."

Really psyched for this album as I stated on the Evergrey forums. As indicted by my username, my favorite is The Inner Circle and I love all of their albums. I think it'll be easier once we hear a teaser or any song from the album. Let's get an update Tom!

Then Evergrey clearly didn't write MMA. :lol:

beatingA_DeadHorse.gif

I think everyone realizes that I'm always going to give Evergrey good reviews as they are one of my all-time faves. I'm good friends with Tom as well.

I also think everyone realizes you are not going to give Evergrey a positive, objective review going forward due to your personal vendetta against Tom from a few years ago.

As long as everyone knows where we are both coming from, it's Yin to the Yang...

The only disc that I truly felt was weak was the last Evergrey disc, so this still remains a blind buy no matter what.

WOW... I will admit...much like Glenn, EG is one of my favorites and I do nothing to hide it ... while I am not a fan of MMA, save a few songs, I thought TORN was one of their strongest releases... if the production and sound was comparable with TIC it would be close to my favorite EG disc.