My Top 50 of 2011

Nice read, Bossman! Definitely some things on there that I was unaware of, and need to look into. Cracked me up on that Voyager review! GREAT disc!
Nice to see Haken & Leprous hitting high marks. Both bands freakin' deserve it.... :headbang:

definitely made me smile to see some "puss rock" on the list. The Work of Art, Toby Hitchcock and The Magnificent discs are all damn excellent.

My Chevrolet...

LOL.

I made a top 10 for this year and The Magnificent, Lost in Thought, Work of Art, Pagan's Mind, Sun Caged & Symphony X were on mine, however I some death metal on mine. Good list. I haven't heard the new Nightwish yet, so it certainly didn't come up on my list.

If Myrath keeps improving album over album like they have from the debut to now they'll be the best prog metal on the band in 2-3 releases, no questions. Songs like Sour Sigh and Wide Open are just sonic assbeatings from start to finish that have few rivals this year. I loved their first two albums, but this newest one is just amazing.

Also, does anyone else read Glenn's posts in his voice/accent? His text just makes more sense when you hear it with his twang.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I agree with everything said about Fall from Grace. In trying to describe that album I can come up with a single word: solid. There is, imo, absolutely nothing wrong with it. It's just a great, solid album. Hope they can keep up the trend. Oh, and that voice? Perfect for their sound.

That frickin Hell tune is KILLER.

I can't get past the blatant lyrical stuff though (I know, I know - stupid Christians...).

Albums I would have bought easy if not for the lyrical content this year: Ghost, Hell, Portrait

I can't get past the blatant lyrical stuff though (I know, I know - stupid Christians...).

Albums I would have bought easy if not for the lyrical content this year: Ghost, Hell, Portrait

Funny, that's why I hesitate over Theocracy. I tend to give the evil stuff a pass because it's so obviously not sincere.

Sometimes it's hard to disregard stuff like that and sometimes it's easy. No worries.

Thanks for the holiday shopping list -- lots of music to check out and catch up on.

Since these questions are inevitable, I can hardly be blamed for asking... what about Arch/Matheos? Did you retroactively put that on your Top 50 of 1987 list by mistake?

Since these questions are inevitable, I can hardly be blamed for asking... what about Arch/Matheos? Did you retroactively put that on your Top 50 of 1987 list by mistake?

Heh....I knew this would be the most controversial omission. While I respect the Fates legacy and the talent involved, Arch's voice was never for me.

So I have seen numerous replies stating that there folks found a few gems in that list they are going to investigate or pick up. Anyone care to share which "new" ones they enjoyed?

I hadn't heard of subsignal until you posted in your list. I really dig them.

The discovered gems for me were:

Enbound
Subsignal
Circle of Silence
Inmoria
Pain