My Top 50 of 2011

I think I've heard a grand total of.....4 of these albums. A few that under my radar, a bunch I have not heard of, and some that just don't interest me anymore. Thanks for the list and links. Plenty of tunes to catch up on.

I have chocolate chip, oatmeal raisin, and peanut butter. All out of Oreos, sorry. Which one do you want?

You so clever.
Well I was just thinking now that someone besides me has mentioned them and the almighty Glenn has acknowledged the bands name all the followers can jump right on it.
not much of a cookie guy thanks so, um laugh away.

You so clever.
Well I was just thinking now that someone besides me has mentioned them and the almighty Glenn has acknowledged the bands name all the followers can jump right on it.
not much of a cookie guy thanks so, um laugh away.

Almighty??? The "almighty" could have showed your ass the door along time ago and I haven't. I consider you a very knowledgeable participant and that you do provide the forum a much needed perspective from time to time.

I can't tell if you have a superiority or inferiority complex that desperately seeks some martyrdom status by insulting me (without provocation) and the forum. Either way, keep the attitude up and you will get it.

is the current singer from INMORIA the vocalist of Morgana Lefay?! If not he is a dead ringer. I loved that band.

Charles was the vocalist on the debut Inmoria album. He left rather abruptly and they replaced him with Alan from Artillery if I'm not mistaken (and that does happen to the almighty from time to time).

I'm not suprised by anything that goes on here in this forum.

While many (including myself) have pissed off Glenn in the past, he hasn't resorted to banning people.

Harvester said:
Missed them both. I'm much more interested in the HoM to catch up on.

I have it, mostly based on reading Mean Deviation. After one listen I don't think it is as strong as some of the stuff I've heard on Youtube from the band, but I need more time with it.

One curious ommission on here is Cynthesis. Personally, it was a surprise that it doesn't come off as a Zero Hour album under a different name. I think it is pretty great.

One curious ommission on here is Cynthesis. Personally, it was a surprise that it doesn't come off as a Zero Hour album under a different name. I think it is pretty great.

Good disc. It just didn't make the cut overall. If you broke my list down by genres, then it would be listed in the prog category.

Almighty??? The "almighty" could have showed your ass the door along time ago and I haven't. I consider you a very knowledgeable participant and that you do provide the forum a much needed perspective from time to time.

I can't tell if you have a superiority or inferiority complex that desperately seeks some martyrdom status by insulting me (without provocation) and the forum. Either way, keep the attitude up and you will get it.

No insult intended towards you at all. But seriously man you have to notice that if you said in this forum that farts are musical then it would go over.:lol: Kudos for having such influence.

Great recap Glenn.......THANK YOU SO MUCH for giving props to the Toby Hitchcock disc!! That one is very near to the top of my 2011 list. AOR wuss rock rocks!!! Wait......what???

Charles was the vocalist on the debut Inmoria album. He left rather abruptly and they replaced him with Alan from Artillery if I'm not mistaken (and that does happen to the almighty from time to time).

now having time to Google it all you are correct, but it's insane how closely he resembles the singer from Lefay. I am going to go order the INMORIA disc simply because of the vocalist.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I have seen numerous replies stating that there folks found a few gems in that list they are going to investigate or pick up. Anyone care to share which "new" ones they enjoyed?

I hadn't checked these out for whatever reason until reading your description and why they made it to your top... pleasantly surprised with the majority:

Theocracy - As The World Bleeds
The Unexpect - Fables of a Sleepless Empire
Subsignal - Touchstones
Sons of Seasons - Magnisphyricon

Disclaimer for J. Golden only: Just because Glenn, the holy-almighty Lord, the untouchable-one-with-the-powers-to-cast-out-the-unworhty-ones-from-this-heaven-of-a-forum pointed these out, no, it doesn't mean I follow blindly whatever he recommends. In fact, I think there's a couple picks in his list that flat out suck. *coughPowerwolfcough* :lol::lol:

1. Nightwish-Imaginarium: Too soon? Bullshit. The orchestral & symphonic songwriting is so over the top & genius that I don’t even focus on the “metal” (using the term loosely) aspect. I am amazed at the creativity involved in the ability to go from a slow jazz club number to a Scottish jig to an Arabic tale without missing a beat and losing the gorgeous melodies. The timid Annette is gone and has been replaced by a restrained siren of pop elegance. Just check out the nuances of her voice during “Slow,Love,Slow” to see how much she has grown. Even the 5+ minutes of poetry that I don’t give a shit about towards the end is not enough to put a dent in the armor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5g8ykQLYnX0

Damn you man! Sure, rub it in. This will unquestionably (I certainly hope!) be in my top 5 for 2012 (after all, it's a 2012 for the USA). The 2 songs I've heard from this are amazing and most importantly, catchy as well. More melody in one song than on the entire Arch/Matheos disc. All I can say is - can't wait... and maybe, JUST MAYBE, ProgPower 2013? Hmmm...

Annette rules!