My Views on the Stock

Black Lagoon

Apr 24, 2001
Cornwall, England
Visit site
First of all, where were you Eagle and Dragonmaiden? I brought my beachball, so you'd reconise me!

What a weekend, totally enjoyed myself and even got very drunk as well.

Here's how I rated the bands I saw.

Friday

Blaze - Another great performance, just a pity they were obviously under reheased and had sound problems. 4/5

Saxon - Fookin' fantastic, best band of the weekend. 5/5

Saturday

Dragonforce - I was wrong, I always said they sounded like Europe on speed, but they don't at all.
They sound even worse, more like Bonnie Tyler on Speed. Awful, made me glad I was in the pub for Powerquest. 1/5

Illuminatus - Superb stuff, very atmospheric with some great songs. 4/5

Bates Motel - Fantastic. One the award for most heavy band of the weekend, that still play with melody. Zack Wilde jamming with COC and Crowbar. Second best band of the weekend 5/5.

Fulc - Looked totaly out of place on the bill but rocked my arse off. Gave it there all to very small crowd. 4/5

Saracen - Very good if you didn't look at them. The singer reminded me of a cross between Dale Winton and Wayne Sleep! Some great musicianship though, nd some interesting music. 3/5

Masterplan - Excellent, if trying a bit to hard to be funny. What a voice. Could be the Rainbow of the 00 if they carry on producing great songs. 4/5

Edguy - Great performance and vocalist, pity the songs were only run of the mill average heavy metal 3/5.

Paradise Lost - Brilliant. A real breath of fresh air in a hall of gumby. Glad to see and here Nick taking no prisoners and what a great mullet gag! :lol: Better than I'd imagined them to be and good to see them doing there own thing, instead of trying to please the crowd and playing a metal set. Watched these with Nibbs Cater, he loved them as well. 5/5

Nightwish - Yawn. Good vocalist, average band, appaling version of Crazy Train 2/5.

All in all it was one of the best festivals I've ever attended, a great atmosphere and I met some great people there as well. Roll on next year, and hopefully we'll have a decent Saturday headliner.

Hiya Lagoon....we looked for you!! Were you in the front for Saxon?? I was in the balcony and I could see this bald guy at the front and wondered if it was you!

BTW totally disagree with you rating for Edguy...which should read 5/5 as they totally rocked!!! (But I knew we'd disagree on that one)! Also, you should have come to see PQ as they were awesome and way better than Dragonforce, who failed to impress me!!!

well, each to their own i suppose...I thought that Paradise lost stank + masterplan totally underwhelmed me, but i did love nightwish, edguy, powerquest + dragonforce. Youre right about saracen + Saxon tho...

To be blunt I went home early on the Friday, because although I've heard Biff's a very charismatic frontman, Saxon's music bores me to tears. Blaze and Power Quest were the real stars of the Friday IMO. And Dragonforce... well, I LIKED them. :(

Plus Edguy rules. :cool:

dragonmaiden said:
Hiya Lagoon....we looked for you!! Were you in the front for Saxon?? I was in the balcony and I could see this bald guy at the front and wondered if it was you!

If it was a very good looking bald guy ;) with a beach ball, who was drunkenly crowd surfing, then yeah it was me! :lol: