My way to trigger in studio one

elapidae1

Jul 4, 2009
What i do to trigger samples in studio one is duplicate the midi file, on the second midi file i load studio one impact. Then i see what not SD2 is playing the kick on (C1), and load my sample/s into impact on the correct note (C1), not into the first pad. Impact will only play the sample/s loaded and nothing else, so you dont need to delete any other drums from the midi. Then mix them as normal.

Saves me buying trigger or drumagog... Plus i only use midi drums.

Just thought i would tell ppl this in case they need a way to trigger. Sorry if its common knowledge.

Have you tried putting a gate on whatever you want to trigger? The gate that comes with S1 has trigger/assignable midi features on it and I think it's easier to use than the method you're describing.

I agree, using the gate to trigger is much easier. I just upload my sample into Sample One and set sample one to trigger from the corresponding gate, then let it record all of the hits. Very easy to do, very easy to edit.

It does take some tweaking to make sure the gate doesn't trigger too many/not enough hits, but once you find the sweet spot it works really well.