Nachtfalke

Erik said:
Have an album. Vinterriket is best when he doesn't try doing metal. Some of the ambient/synth works are quite good but the metal stuff is lacking.

Of his metal stuff, I've only heard "Das Winterreich" which is on his split LP with Paysage d'hiver and that's one awesome song (though not as good as Paysage d'hiver's contribution to the Split). He's at his most original when he's doing ambient music though, you're right there.

Sadly there are no bergthron samples on the net. I've uploaded some songs onto an FTP of a friend but that thing seems to be unstable as hell... I'll see what I can do. Do any of you have Direct Connect? I'm sharing all my files there, but I can't guarantee that the transfer will work.

OK well Bergthron was mentioned alongside Nachtfalke and Falkenbach. I know those two from owning albums (F) or hearing samples (N). Who do Bergthron sound like in general, because it looks like it might have to be an eventual blind purchase. There are hardly any reviews on Bergthron either.

JayKeeley said:
OK well Bergthron was mentioned alongside Nachtfalke and Falkenbach. I know those two from owning albums (F) or hearing samples (N). Who do Bergthron sound like in general, because it looks like it might have to be an eventual blind purchase. There are hardly any reviews on Bergthron either.

Well they're all from the german BM scene and have quite an original sound. But other than that, those three bands don't have THAT much in common - they all focus on the heathenish topic and they're all rather melodic, but that's about it. Bergthron are probably the most original sounding out of the three, personally i think "Jagdheim" is some of the best stuff I've ever heard, but maybe that's just me. Of course I would recommend a blind purchase, but please don't kill me if you don't like the album :D

I just listened to the song "walhall" from doomed to die (the cd just came) and i am pretty impressed, even though the guitars are a bit too "static"-y for my taste. when the leads kick in halfway through the song, all bets are off. it just pwns, pure and simple.

i realy like this disc so far!

About time the greatness that is Bergthron is more known around here :). I have all three, and i have to agree with what shaker said the bass sound on jagdheim is really upfront and really good. I just bought the new one faust for faust, should be here in a couple of days.
While we are on the topic of german black metal bands, i recommend Nocte obducta, they have around four albums(best one being taverne[i only have mp3s cant find the cds anywhere) and the newest one is a mcd(very good),

I have all four Bergthron releases. The last two, Jagdheim and Faust for Faust, are easily the best ones.

spikes77 said:
About time the greatness that is Bergthron is more known around here :). I have all three, and i have to agree with what shaker said the bass sound on jagdheim is really upfront and really good. I just bought the new one faust for faust, should be here in a couple of days.
While we are on the topic of german black metal bands, i recommend Nocte obducta, they have around four albums(best one being taverne[i only have mp3s cant find the cds anywhere) and the newest one is a mcd(very good),

Nocte Obducta are good, but IMHO not nearly as compelling as the other german bands mentioned here. Their 2002 release "Galgendämmerung" showcases their weakness - it's damn inconsistent. Some tracks are downright excellent, others are just bland and seem to have been done before. However, lyrically they are one of the best bands I know. Traumschänder is an immensely talented writer...