NAD!!! - Bugeral 333XL! Clips & Pics

guitarguru777

Nov 13, 2003
Las Vegas
www.jasonconstantine.com
So here she is my new Bugera 333XL got her used from CG in 9.5/10 condition. Its an EL34 powerhouse even with the shit ass Bugera Tubes.

Clip was done real fast with my normal micing technique and just a quick dialed in tone. Tube Screamer in front. Rose of Sharyn DI's just 2 tracks of the same part (2nd take I unmuted guitar part 1, 2nd performance, but you get the idea. Have a business meeting tonight so this was done really fast) No post processing at all except some SSL Comp on the master bus.

Quick clip:
http://www.jasoncohenitservices.com/Bugera_Rose.mp3

Shes pretty fucking mean sounding and with a few more days I think I can dial in an amazing tone with her.

Heres some pics as well

PA208795.JPG

PA208802.JPG

PA208812.JPG

In her new home with my 5150, Krank Rev Jr, and The 94 Mesa Dual Trem-o
PA208801.JPG

Eh, I'm pretty sure it had shown in your sig that already owned it for a little while now :confused:
Nonetheless, congrats. I've got a 333XL too, solid amp, not just for the money, but period.
Glad I shelled out the extra bit of money for one over the 6260, as it definitely sounds better

Eh, I'm pretty sure it had shown in your sig that already owned it for a little while now :confused:
Nonetheless, congrats. I've got a 333XL too, solid amp, not just for the money, but period.
Glad I shelled out the extra bit of money for one over the 6260, as it definitely sounds better

I figured Id put it in the sig when I bought it. I just had to wait the mandatory 30 days for GC to let me pick it up. I figured it wouldnt hurt since I didnt have any re-amps on the plate, and that My buddy had one if I could borrow if I got a request for it.

Now that I am home for the night I will work on some better tonez!

Ya man the difference between this and the XXX was so negligible I figured just a tube swap would fix it. So next week Im ordering a matched quad of =C= EL34s and see how much it improves.

Im torn on the preamp side though. Do I go with my normal JJ's or do I try something new

Ya man the difference between this and the XXX was so negligible I figured just a tube swap would fix it. So next week Im ordering a matched quad of =C= EL34s and see how much it improves.

Im torn on the preamp side though. Do I go with my normal JJ's or do I try something new

Do you mean JSX?
After all, the 333XL is meant to approximate the JSX, while the 333 is the XXX approximation.
I think I'll need a tube swap when money comes, and also a new cab.
The amp is great, but the 2x12 I have is causing a bit of boxiness to the sound.

You are correct my friend my apologies.

New MP3 http://www.jasoncohenitservices.com/Bugera_Rose2.mp3

Triple Mic'd Cab with a 57, 835, and a ST31 condenser. Not sure if you guys are gonna like it but I think its got a bit of a different character to it. Odd mic combination for sure, but I figured I would fuck around

Maybe a touch too much in the frequencies that give it that slightly overbearing percussive quality to it, so maybe a slight dip in the high mids, which would definitely give vocals a little more space if you were to use that tone in a full mix with vocals. But as I said, should only need a slight dip, nothing major at all.
Upper mids in particular sound really good I think. Not too much that sounds too bright, but not lacking that it sounds too dark. Just balanced and really nice.
That mic combo is working for you, so keep using it.

Ya i was pretty surprised considering the 835 and the Sterling ST31 really dont work well on their own on a cab. But combined with the 57 as the root of the tone it seems to work.

The ST31 lends a really nice bite in the high mids that I totally agree could just use just a tad of scooping.

Not really feeling the tone! I've heard much better coming from this head in the past. There was a big Bugera advocate on here a year or two back and he put up some mean industrial-sounding clips.

These tones are a little too stuffy for me.

Still working on it man. I got the head 4 hours ago ....lol

Im really starting to think my Vintage Marshall cab is part of the culprit in all these tones I post. Its always the same comments ...lol Too stuffy / muddy ...lol

I need to get a Mesa bad ...lol

Hmmm maybe I should line out this bad boy and see how the Catharsis impulses sound ..... BRB ...lol