name some classical influences of symphony x

ranma187

Lo Pan!
Oct 6, 2005
Here are 2 that come to mind. one part of the intro to the damnation game is taken from CPE Bach's solfgietto. the big classical section from A fools paradise is taken directly from Bach's d minor keyboard concerto bwv1052 the first movement. can anyone else name some?

Good question, but I don't feel like starting another thread. Do you think that Bach's Prelude II in C Minorfrom the Well Tempered Clavier Book 1 is a good piece to do for an extra thing on a demo album? (With the 2 guitars)

Classical is definately not the right word here. I'm not really sure how you would define this sorta category in a correct way though :s.

Chopin and Liszt are from the romantic period, and Bach is from the Baroque period which is probably the oldest period "commonly" known as classical. True classical is somewhere inbetween.

Btw, Liszt is the ultimate shredder!!!

Eternal Dragon said:
Classical is definately not the right word here. I'm not really sure how you would define this sorta category in a correct way though :s.

Chopin and Liszt are from the romantic period, and Bach is from the Baroque period which is probably the oldest period "commonly" known as classical. True classical is somewhere inbetween.

Btw, Liszt is the ultimate shredder!!!

yeah, if you get technical, classical is in between baroque and romantic (I've been learning about all of this in a class I'm currently taking). But I guess the general population considers classical anything with a sound similar to any of the periods near the classical period.

I'm just getting into Liszt, do you have any songs you can recommend I check out?