Names you hate

there is a guy in town that was named desiree slabbe, and everyone called him slappen dees haha

which means like weak dick
them dutchies will understand :lol:

siderea said:
have you any idea how many names there are in the bible? perhaps your own is in it too.
who said i exclude my name?its awful :erk: it was maybe an exageration,did well to correct me.i was referring to the old bible if you have this term for saying it,the judas one.abraham,moses,you know.imagine the fact there were so many generations and not a heros name was repeated in another generation,isnt that fake to produce as many names as they could?tha industry.in the new bible there are many fine names really.MARIA is excellent.but avesallom is very cool too:D

i didn't get your message immediately so i asked this old man what's the deal with names in the bible.

he scratched his beard and told me these words...

it is true that some heroes only will find their name one time in the bible... (elisabeth is such a heroes name :D) but this is not someting you find only in the bible... there aren't that many homeros's, cicero's, tacitus's etc. there's only one hulk, one superman etc.

to take superman as an example: several actors played his role, and so did some people in the bible. i.e. jesaja wrote a chapter in the old testament, but actually he didn't do all of it. some of his admirers wrote parts of it too, and called themselves jesaja, as a way of honour. (if i'd bring out a song and call myself antimatter, you know it's just a way of honouring eh.. well.)

of course it's not always as pleasant not to have your own story in history, so the romans added (we're about the new testament now) I, II, III's... (herod I, II, III etc)

after that the old man took his pipe and continued his way.

anyhow i agree there should be more avesalloms, just for the name's sake indeed. i think there's only one way to solve it though: be blessed, productive and fruitful and give your herits this name!

(this is the weirdest post i ever wrote i think)

oh everything clear suddenly!the old man needs a spank for grinning at your name :)
its better than the worst version of michael in the universe (apart from the mars people perhaps) that im privileged to carry.doesnt michalis suck?

it's not that much better anyhow
michalis... sounds alright, i've no clue about greek pronounciation though
i like micha less for that matter

michael.jpg

blessed anyhow!