NAMM 2009 II: The Wrath of NAMM

iekobrid

Authorized XSr™ Dealer
Feb 2, 2006
Doogie Howser, MD
Parker Adrian Belew sig
Parker Adam D sig
Parker MidiFly

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUFQ-wj1Vi8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUFQ-wj1Vi8[/ame]

Wtf, Adam D plays a Parker? And yeah, the guitars are weird, but it's the basses that truly define hideous:

269354.jpg

Truly I tell you (as Jesus would say), I can't eat the amount I want to puke when I see that thing :puke: And the fucking dinky headstock just completes the atrocity

I think the Adam D sig looks pretty cool.

I like Parkers style, but I'm not that big on the headstock I must admit.

You can't really knock em till you try a real Fly... odd looking guitars, sure, but my God those things play like nothing else. Hands down the best playing production guitar out there, IMO, and probably better than a lot of customs. I was really interested in the Adam D sig until I found out how much it was..

I agree with Temps - Parker Flys are amazing guitars, and I actually dig the look of them, but the way they play is the best part. Adam D model, with EMGs? Never thought I'd see that from Parker... I am intrigued.

Jody Dankberg works for Parker now? He's an ex-Krank guy.

"what makes this guitar a unique signature are EMGs." that must have taken months of research. 10 bucks says he only plays these cause he has a bum back and they're light.

It's very unique for Parker. The guitars are normally too thin to have EMGs. Seriously, they must have had to thicken it for Adam.

I'm just talkin trash drinkin' beer. Can't knock a thin guitar built for speed.

"what makes this guitar a unique signature are EMGs." that must have taken months of research. 10 bucks says he only plays these cause he has a bum back and they're light.

They also sound great. The Mojos with mahogany body & neck have a serious chug to them although every Fly is brighter than you would think because of the composite fretboard and stainless frets

I'm looking forward to trying one of those Adam D models, I've always thought they were badass looking guitars with cool features... Wish the hardware was all black though! Anyone have any idea on pricing?

Psshh, at least $1.5k US, I'd guess

If that was the case I'd get two :lol:
I heard from a dealer that the actual selling price is $4,000us... :( a normal Fly Mojo is $2,700

Amen to that, I can't EVER see myself spending more than $2k on an axe when it won't sound any better - I've got amps, cabs, mics, and interfaces to get that'll actually improve the sound!