NAMM 2009 II: The Wrath of NAMM

adam_d.jpg

Ooh, notice he's come to his senses and replaced the 85 in the bridge with an 81 :D And his face looks like he just got stung by a hive of bees :lol:

Man, I know something about acquired tastes (I'm heavily GASing for a Steinberger - they're just almost impossible to get in Europe), but I find the looks of Parkers pretty hard to stomach.

I don't understand why having an 85 in the neck position is such a standard. Sounds fucking AWFUL, pickup has so much going in the low mids at the bridge, let alone jamming it halfway up the guitar. 60 in the neck FTW.

LOVE the 85 in the neck for bluesy clean stuff and singing leads...

I don't understand why having an 85 in the neck position is such a standard. Sounds fucking AWFUL, pickup has so much going in the low mids at the bridge, let alone jamming it halfway up the guitar. 60 in the neck FTW.

Agreed 1 million billion percent, though I think I prefer the 81 to the 60 in the neck (not quite as thin sounding), I'll have to do a test soon

I dig Parkers a lot too. Haven't played one ever yet, but I've seen one played in front of me twice, and I was in awe of the stuff it can do. It even had a Tremol-no way before they were invented! The piezo stuff is cool too.

I think that Adam D sig is kind of boring though. I'm not an EMG fan either, so it doesn't really do anything for me. My guess is that they used the pickup rings to make EMG's fit instead of thickening the body, as I've never seen Parkers with pickup rings before.

That Belew sig is pretty cool though!

I'll give Adam props for breaking outside of the cliche ass v or esp custom mold and going with a hideous piece of shit looking guitar. I bet the thing plays like gold.

I think homeboy up there was taking about the interviewer in the clip.

JODY DANKBERG. SHE PUTS THE "DANK" IN DANKBERG.

DANKBERG? more like SKANKberg.

He went to Randall after krank...If what i heard was true, he's the reason you saw a lot of Krank dudes move over to Randalls when he left to go there.

I met him at NAMM '05 when I was going to become a Krank endorser...Looked a LOT different then.

That's right, I heard about the whole Randall switch, then forgot...

I met him at NAMM '05 and '06 also. He was always cool to me, remembered who I was, etc.