New Killswitch Engage Studio Photos

Should be interesting to hear what Brendan O'Brien will bring to the table, since this is probably the most br00tal thing he's worked on.

If I've understood correctly, he is co-producing it with Adam, so mr. D will take care that it will sound kickass :kickass:

Ick! XY overheads. Lookin' forward to hear something new, though.

Looks more like ORTF to me

Uooohh the Parker is so gay, but wtf. As long as he dont show up on stage with it. Brendan made wonders with King`s X so....
I know the XY Oh will make a more narrow stereo image but are there any more downdsides to this micing method ?

Should be interesting to hear what Brendan O'Brien will bring to the table, since this is probably the most br00tal thing he's worked on.

Didn't he do the new Mastodon, too?

I'm heavily interested in trying one of these Vintage Moderns out...

With those settings on the 5150, it surely must be a boomy tone. And Triple Rec blended with 5150? Interesting...

yeah that looks like bass and resonance maxed out!?

This album NEEDS to do something a little different. Daylight Dies had decent catchy songs, but really just felt like a less good EoH. They also need to solo more... I believe their only solo (except Holy Diver) was Andy's idea!

Can't wait to hear this as Brendan is one of my favourite producers.

Quite surprised to see a 604 on the floor tom, normally you see 421's to catch some more lows. Using the clip aswell rather than on a stand.

With a mix of VM, 5150 and Triple Rec I thinkk we can expect a pretty monster guitar sound!

Anyone know when this is due to come out?

Adam's hands are fucking on some Homunculus steaz. Sweet shit.

I can't wait to see them this April with a bunch of my other guilty bands, Lacuna Coil, Disturbed.

@ Abyss
Is the Trip Rec/5150 combo that much different than the Dual Rec/5150 combo?

I didn't realise Howard Jones was so short....

Or is it that the other fellas are like - really tall?

In theory, the Dual and Triple Recs differ only in three extra tubes (2 power, one Rectifier) in the Triple (and probably heavier transformers to handle the extra power); Mesa puts out one manual for both, and they're 100% identical as far as knobs + switches goes. I've never heard anyone say there's a noticeable difference in sound between the two, but who knows...

And I'm loving the trans blue flame on the Parker!