New Killswitch Engage Studio Photos

Uooohh the Parker is so gay, but wtf. As long as he dont show up on stage with it.

:Smug: He plays Parkers live all the time now. They play incredibly well and the Mojos sound awesome. It's nice that a big name metal guitarist was able to get past the unusual looks and start using the best production 6 string you can buy.

I'm hoping this new one is more like Alive or Just Breathing.. but I doubt they could ever make an album that good again.

In theory, the Dual and Triple Recs differ only in three extra tubes (2 power, one Rectifier) in the Triple (and probably heavier transformers to handle the extra power); Mesa puts out one manual for both, and they're 100% identical as far as knobs + switches goes. I've never heard anyone say there's a noticeable difference in sound between the two, but who knows...

And I'm loving the trans blue flame on the Parker!

What about the Single Recs? Is it just the wattage difference or an actual sound difference? I really like my Single Rectoverb 50!

Thx,
-Dennis

I really want to compare a Dual with my Single side by side, same settings and see how different they really are... Really they should sound pretty fucking similar, everyone uses the silicone diode setting on the Duals and that's the way it's set up on the Single since it doesn't have a rectifier tube... The only question I have is about the bold setting on the Duals, since the Single lacks that switch what is that parameter set at in the Single?

:Smug: He plays Parkers live all the time now. They play incredibly well and the Mojos sound awesome. It's nice that a big name metal guitarist was able to get past the unusual looks and start using the best production 6 string you can buy.

I'm hoping this new one is more like Alive or Just Breathing.. but I doubt they could ever make an album that good again.

Yeh I used to hate Parkers, but once I got my hands on one....graphite neck, piezo pickups, stereo output, plays like butter on Scarlett Johansen's hot tits... I didn't think they were so ugly anymore. Parker bass on the other hand...that's ugly.

I hope they follow up with something more like AOJB, but I doubt it. It comes down to Jesse Leach has more soul than Howard (go see them both live, you'll know what I mean). Howard is an amazing vocalist none the less.

Quite surprised to see a 604 on the floor tom, normally you see 421's to catch some more lows. Using the clip aswell rather than on a stand.

I think they will end up using sample replacement on toms, like Hiili did with this setup. And FYI: e604 does give you _a lot_ of low end, when mixing live I usually even have to cut the low end on the floortom compared MD421.

Uhhhhh, best production 6 string you can buy? Having worked at the US Music Custom Shop in Mundelein, IL, I can say that Parkers made these days are definitely among the WORST guitars for the money. I say this having been one of two guys doing final assembly and setup on the Parker line.

What about the Single Recs? Is it just the wattage difference or an actual sound difference? I really like my Single Rectoverb 50!

Thx,
-Dennis

Honestly, every time I've tried playing a Single Rec, I really have not liked it - IMO, it's very harsh/metallic sounding, while at the same time hard to get much good saturation out of it, cuz the more you turn up the gain, the worse the harshness gets. Also, the clips I've heard (most notably Insomnium's "Above the Weeping World," I think it's the left channel with a Cobra, also an amp I really don't like, on the right) support this.

Uhhhhh, best production 6 string you can buy? Having worked at the US Music Custom Shop in Mundelein, IL, I can say that Parkers made these days are definitely among the WORST guitars for the money. I say this having been one of two guys doing final assembly and setup on the Parker line.

Okay, and why do you think that, and when did you work there?

They are extraordinarily expensive sure but what do you think is better? A Les Paul? :lol:

Okay, and why do you think that, and when did you work there?

They are extraordinarily expensive sure but what do you think is better? A Les Paul? :lol:

yes haha. I love Parkers myself don't get me wrong, but I would take my les Paul custom over one anyday.

Honestly, every time I've tried playing a Single Rec, I really have not liked it - IMO, it's very harsh/metallic sounding, while at the same time hard to get much good saturation out of it, cuz the more you turn up the gain, the worse the harshness gets. Also, the clips I've heard (most notably Insomnium's "Above the Weeping World," I think it's the left channel with a Cobra, also an amp I really don't like, on the right) support this.

Very interesting. I think this calls for a side-by-side comparison. Damn.:kickass:

can't wait to hear it.#Brendan O'Brien clearly one of my very favorite mixers.

Dogman is simply THE best sounding Album ever recorded.Period.

(Blood Sugar Sex Magik is definitely in the top 10 as well)