New Killswitch Engage track...

>The kick gets buried here and there, same with the snare.
>The guitars are fizzy and at the same time lacks clarity.
>Vocals are mediocre, but acceptable IMO.
>I hate the bass tone.
>The track was squashed to shit.
------------------------------------------
Music-wise, I was never a fan of KSE.:headbang:

Edit: Waiting for the final master.

I like the song, a little KSE by numbers but none the less but not a bad effort, definitely picking this album up. I wont be buying for the mix unfortunately, not a fan of the sound.

Constructivly IMO - Snare too loud across the whole mix. Tom's too quiet, kick too quiet, not punching through at all.
Gtr's are all good apart from the lack of multiband compression on the low mids. On headphones the low end of the gtr's are "woofing" a fair amount.
Bass Gtr is too polite, needs more grunt and sans amp.
Vox sound's great just a hair too quiet for my taste.

And the mastering is giving Metallica's new album a run for its money for the award of "Smashed to fucking buggery and back". NOT GOOD! Sounds flat like a old lady's tit!

Apart form the above i like the song. Cannot wait to hear the rest of the album :Smokin:

I thought Joel said that TEOH was just two tracks of rhythm guitar?

No way, plus you can totally hear the quad tracking going on (at least it's obvious there are two guitars playing in the guitar breaks when there's one riff hard panned to one side). I mean it all sounds super tight, but the slight "phasiness" sound you get from quad-tracking, which translates to hugeness, is evident to my ears.

No way, plus you can totally hear the quad tracking going on (at least it's obvious there are two guitars playing in the guitar breaks when there's one riff hard panned to one side). I mean it all sounds super tight, but the slight "phasiness" sound you get from quad-tracking, which translates to hugeness, is evident to my ears.

Yeah definantly. I always battle with the "phasiness" probably bc I am just not a tight enough player myself to pull off Quad tracking.

Yeah definantly. I always battle with the "phasiness" probably bc I am just not a tight enough player myself to pull off Quad tracking.

Wouldn't believe that coming out of your keyboard. You make excellent stuff.

Me on the otherhand, I really suck at this whole guitar playing stuff. I usually go the lazy mans route and write different style of guitar parts in the quadtracking parts, for example one palm muting, one strumming and two making something else, like I did here (double tracking + solo on the first part and quad tracking until the end), so they also get the wall-of-sound treatment :)

I also thought the snare was too loud the entire time...and those chords on the chorus are the cookie-cutter chords that the guitar basically hands to you if you don't spend any time trying to be creative. I've liked KsE for a long time, but it doesn't sound like a whole lot of work went into the songwriting. I don't know... I'll probably buy the album regardless!

+1 ...it will be shit but i'll buy anyway

Wouldn't believe that coming out of your keyboard. You make excellent stuff.

Me on the otherhand, I really suck at this whole guitar playing stuff. I usually go the lazy mans route and write different style of guitar parts in the quadtracking parts, for example one palm muting, one strumming and two making something else, like I did here (double tracking + solo on the first part and quad tracking until the end), so they also get the wall-of-sound treatment :)

Haha thanks, but I wish I could feel more confident about my paying but I am a baby guitarist haha.

Now back on the topic of the kse song. I do think the low end seems a bit flubby but I do really dig it all the same.

But Andy said it was quadtracked ;)

Hilarious. I'm positive that Joel said it was just two tracks to a friend of mine, a conversation I overheard from only a few feet away... but I am obviously inclined to believe Andy. As Aaron mentioned, it also always sounded quad tracked to me, that was why I was surprised that Joel said otherwise.

This is some cheesy as hell shit
not as bad as the song name made me think it would be
howard sounds really really REALLY good on this track, his clean vocals are the best theyve ever been, he sounds so much more passionate on this track and genuine on this track than he's ever sounded, so a big +1 respect for that.
not too sure what I think of the riffs themselves. theres something i dig about the cheesyness of the lead parts, seems very much in keeping with Adam D's twisted sense of humour IMO. Try and write some MEGA cheesy lead guitars while keeping it straight faced and serious, proper tongue in cheek like, yknow? I dig that aspect of it. The weird hammer on-y/tappy part with loads of ambience on it during the chorus is cool too.

these lyrics sound fucking cringe worthy though, definately as expected
"you are nothing to me, this is a reckoning" or some shit. just NO.
im no amazing lyricist, ive probably written like a song or twos worth of lyrics i was genuinely happy with (probably the stuff i wrote for gubbkuk's track and some lyrics that havent made their way into a song yet,) but those lyrics are seriously juvenile as fuck. the fact that he chose to use the word reckoning sounds forced as fuck, and i have this image coming into my head of howard scouring "The Oxford Book of BIG FUCK-OFF METAL CLICHES!" rather than a dictionary/thesaurus to write his lyrics.
i get the feeling the lyrics are about religion, lashing out against god and just saying like "hey god, you're a fucking dick, fuck you lololol" which im always cool with, cos thats what 90% of my lyrics end up being about but there's just much less immature ways of going about telling god to go fuck himself than saying LOL THIS IS A RECKONING N SHIT LOLLOLOLOLOL!

apart from that, pretty fucken solid, i have to admit.

+1, but I agree with xrateddodo, the lyrics are pretty direct sounding.

hell, the directness isnt my problem with them, i hate when people beat around the bush, its the fact that they're just juvenile as fuck.