New Killswitch Engage track...

listening to it now... sounds good so far.. though the snare is god-awfully loud in the thrash beat, and the verb/ambience on it doesn't fit well for every section of the song.

digging both the song and the mix overall though.

KILLSWITCH ENGAGE IS BACK!!!!

But the snare is to low in volume.
The mastering clips!!!!

WTF

hope this is one of this promo masterings for metalhammer ....

But I like the song no more wannabe pantera

I just listened to it... I think it sounds great. It sounds like they're returning to the sound (songwriting) they had on their The End of Heartache album -- without Sneappppage's master production/mixing skillz of course :(

just traded emails about it with roadrunner guys... they say they aren't happy with the mastering and are getting it redone... so, that's not the final master folks.

just traded emails about it with roadrunner guys... they say they aren't happy with the mastering and are getting it redone... so, that's not the final master folks.

Interesting...To me, it almost sounded like it wasn't "mastered" at all, just loud. The snare is funky, too loud in the "blasts", but then too quiet at other times.

Who actually mixed this one? I know Brendan O'Brien was involved and Adam as well, but who handled mixing duties?

I'm really digging the tune... glad to see that it wasn't a total commercial sell out. I too agree about the snare getting a bit loud in the thrash parts. Looking for to hear the rest of the album!