Nasal sounding re-amps...WHY?!!

Hey burny

The 57 is genuine as it was ordered directly from shire through the school I work at and the cab is really really good IMO as when I play it directly it sounds incredible for what it is. Easily the best 2x12 I've ever used.

If it helps I've had to tuen the output on my radial to the top to get the right sort of volume level

I'm having the same problem as the OP.

I'm running a firestudio project and little labs redeye though.

The firestudio is TRS output only and I've been running into the the expansion port on the back. Would that effect the impedance? Or does the red eye compensate?

I have to jack the volume on the redeye up all the way as well as crank the gain on the amp well beyond "normal" just to get some sort of decent tone. There's no bass or mids there.

The DI tracks are fine, I can reamp using plugins and they sound great. I'll see if I have any clips from other projects where I tried to reamp but eventually just used lecto.

Signal chain is:

Guitar->Redeye->Logic

Output Recorded Track to mono channel-> balanced TRS -> expansion port in on redeye -> amp

Anybody got any clues?

okay i did some digging and found this quote from Jonathan from Little Labs

Ok Red, on your interface always use the XLR in, from the xlr out of the redeye when recording the track. The XLR input on your interface is mic level the 1/4" is for line level.
So are you getting a proper level into the computer? That is essentialI, I just googled it and it doesn't have level meters so do what you have to do to get the level right. In this case with your interface use a trs to trs (stereo type) coming out of your interface into the Redeye expansion input, and select on the Redeye the expansion in (button pushed in on the front). Now if this was done correctly and lets say you are recording a track and hitting the occasional peak of +12dB on the Edirol recorder (max), coming back through the Redeye, pad in, you would be hitting your amp with an occasional peak of -2dB, and that's loud with pad out +4dB and that would definitely be overloading your amp. So obviously I can't be there to suss out your cables and see what's up, but something just ain't right. The Redeye can't add noise unless you sit it on top of a power transformer and not much can go wrong with the unit 'cept for maybe a dirty switch.
I hope you’re following me, and as I said on my first post, you might want to call, I’m pretty busy and a lousy typer!

here's the link to the post
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/equipment/669737-little-labs-redeye-problem-signal-level.html

I've been using the Mic level output of the red eye into my firestudio, then the line level output from the firestudio...