Nationalism is not Racism

What's so great about being white? I believe there are people in ANY race who shouldn't be "breeding." I'm sure there were quite a few Caucasian winners of "Darwin Awards"--stupidity to the extent that they effectively removed their own DNA from the gene pool. Same with drug addicts--it's a problem in every race, not just minorities.

And infoterror, I really don't understand the point of having a pure "tribe." We're no longer living in feudal Europe. In many cases people don't even maintain close relationships with their relatives any more. What does it matter how racially "pure" they are if you don't interact with them or even see them on a regular basis?

Silent Song said:
:lol:

i'd wager they are the masters of the automotive industry moreso than of thought.

Outside the ancient Greeks they were the thinkers. Leibniz, Kant, Feuerbach, Herder, Schopenhauer, Hegel, Schelling, Nietzsche, Husserl, Frege, Dilthey, Heidegger, Gadamer, Stirner, etc.

Here's to the vast majority of you in this thread: :kickass:

Thanks for missing the point.

Continue your regularly scheduled inanity.

infoterror said:
Was that a nationalist COMMUNIST country? I think Mao is higher on their priorities chain than Nationalism, although the nationalist mix seems to have worked OK for them.
I lived in Taiwan.

Demiurge said:
Nah, they're pretty damn good.

Good at constructing pretentious, intricate, immense abstract systems to shield them from the reality of existence. At that, yes, they are the best.

And yes SS, I forgot the car industry. They make damn good coffee makers too.

Demiurge said:
Outside the ancient Greeks they were the thinkers. Leibniz, Kant, Feuerbach, Herder, Schopenhauer, Hegel, Schelling, Nietzsche, Husserl, Frege, Dilthey, Heidegger, Gadamer, Stirner, etc.

I forgot Schopenhauer. He and Nietzsche redeem the rest of the list--although Leibniz was quite interesting.

speed said:
I forgot Schopenhauer. He and Nietzsche redeem the rest of the list--although Leibniz was quite interesting.

Some of the others are good or at least important. I'm not a Husserlian phenomenologist, but he led to Heidegger, whose thought I like. Husserl wasn't German, but I'm calling him such nevertheless. Frege was an important logician. I forgot Spengler, also.

If not for Kant, it would be difficult to envision Schopenhauer.

Demiurge said:
Some of the others are good or at least important. I'm not a Husserlian phenomenologist, but he led to Heidegger, whose thought I like. Husserl wasn't German, but I'm calling him such nevertheless. Frege was an important logician. I forgot Spengler, also.

If not for Kant, it would be difficult to envision Schopenhauer.

Kant was a genious, but a twisted one. Sartre would have surely been shit up a creek without Heidegger to plagiarize.

I find myself making Hegelian type arguments all the time, and I wonder why. Its hard to resist his lunacy.

At least the Germans already realized the error of their great abstract systematic philsophers before anyone else.

I am going to have to read some Wittegenstein before I make a judgment. He was a gay catholic austrian from a converted jewish family. So I am wondering if he counts? And he went to elementary school with Hitler.

speed said:
Good at constructing pretentious, intricate, immense abstract systems to shield them from the reality of existence.

Actually, they've been the primary drive TOWARD realism in the west. What are you talking about?