Neck-Heel relation....for plp that know guitar building

ApolloSpeed

Oct 31, 2005
Texas
www.myspace.com
I've got all the dimensions I need for building myself a 27" scale baritone guitar......I just wanna double check something.

Say on a Tuneomatic style bridge......what is should the dimension be from the treble side bridge post to the neck heel pocket?

ApolloSpeed said:
I've got all the dimensions I need for building myself a 27" scale baritone guitar......I just wanna double check something.

Say on a Tuneomatic style bridge......what is should the dimension be from the treble side bridge post to the neck heel pocket?

Theres alot of factors involved. And to be honest the HEEL doesnt really matter. Its all about the distance from the Nut to the Saddles, So that being said put your neck heel where it fits to make the guitar the correct scale legnth

yeah I know that....it's just gonna be hard to accurately measure that kinda distance.

Perhaps I could bolt the neck on, and then put it back into the CNC and measure off the edge of the nut 27" and plop some bridge holes.....Stewmac recommends 27.066" for tuneomatic style bridges.