Need a little production help....

K Odell

\=/Varnisher\=/
Jan 23, 2006
Greensboro, NC
I am in the middle of writing this song and honestly I don't want to do a lot of melodic pretty shit with singing in this one. So I have reached a point where I would like to do a chorus or something cool and well I don't know...........as hook oriented as it gets for a thrashy song I guess haha. Anyways shoot me any ideas you guys might think would be cool. And also well just give her a listen.

Drums are AD as usual, Guitars are Revalver with the JSX model and Ryan's S-High Pres. impulse.

*UPDATED* Almost finished I guess

http://files.getdropbox.com/u/324317/DO WORK II.mp3

Cheers,
Kyle:kickass:

hey man! that sounds great! song and sound.;)
please, could you show revalver settings?
and...how did you record your guitar signal?

Picture1-2.png

As for how I tracked the guitars. I just used my POD X3 as a DI basically.

thanks Bloodjinn.;)
i think this tone is better than your previous POD tones.:kickass: revalver is great.:)
how method to record DI? spdif dry mono track?
and, guitars post-processing???

and last question, how did you load that impulse? boogex? settings?

it really sounds amazing, i´m very surprised.)

i´ve to test well that s-preshigh impulse.

thanks again

Don't really have any ideas as far as the music, but I really like the attack you've got on revalver and the snare is best snare I have heard from AD (its a bit loud tho).

Good idea, could also go half time with the end riff and blast on kicks with half time snare !

man i love guitar tone you have... must try this... btw those drums are pure AD? snare is great! can you tell me just what is that snare? in AD like SONOR PEARL ...
hey mate all best!

Sounds cool what you got so far, maybe drop the tempo a bit and play some more groovy kind of riff like on playing on off beats, I don't know just a suggestion :)

Sounds awesome, one of the best revalver tones I've ever heard. I'm just curious though, why didn't you just hook your guitar directly to the instrument input in your preamp? Any specific reason for this?

How did you master this btw?