HD 1680x1050
Disque dur 7200 tr/min 500 GB
DVD SuperDrive 8X
AZERTY
wireless mouse

Sold for 1100€.

Can you tell me if I'm right, if you know apple well :
- it's a dualcore i7
- it has options : 7200 rpm instead of 5400, 1680 Hd screen instead of lower, 8gbRAM instead of 4
- 1100€ is cheap for it, considering the cote is 1480€ ( http://www.mac2sell.net/ and the website didn't even ask for options of HD screen or fastest HDdrive)

How does a dualcore i7 2.66ghz goes for today needs ? I'm used to my intel quad core i7 around 2.8 to 3.0ghz but it's on PC, and it's a tower, not a laptop.
EDIT : if you consider I wanna be able to handle full album projects in one single sessions with VCC or nebula and ampsims or convolution reverbs all over the place, let's say reasonnably heavy sessions ?

Should I buy it quick or is there a trick or am I mistaken and is this a normal price here in europe ?

EDIT : forgot to mention it's supposed to be almost new, though I think he has used it a few months anyway.

The refurb one is :

MacBook Pro à processeur Intel Core i7 de 2,66 GHz reconditionné
LED 15,4 pouces (1 440 x 900 pixels
4 Go (2 x 2 Go) de mémoire SDRAM DDR3 à 1 066 MHz
Serial ATA 500 Go à 5 400 tr/min
Lecteur SuperDrive double-couche 8x (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
Processeur graphique NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M avec 512 Mo de mémoire GDDR3

So basically, no HR, no 7200, no 8RAM, and it's sold 1550€ on the refurb of apple.

Sounds like a good price but make sure it's true (the drive speed, the memory, the screen resolution).
Making a full mix with VCC and convolutions and amp sims on it will be hard though... It's more than enough to record, but for mixing heavily treated stuff, I'm not so sure... You'll probably have to bounce in place quite often :)

I have the same Macbook Pro, except 4GB ram. I don't know what that cost is in US$ so I can't help with that, but I'll tell you the computer works great for audio. I do all my recording and mixing on it.

I'm currently mixing a project with 19 instances of VCC, among various other plug-ins (about 60 in all), and I have Firefox open with about 100 tabs! lol