need help for a college assignment....

zim18

Feb 11, 2006
im supposed to talk infront of the class for 10 minutes about any topic i want...
believe it or not im doing heavy metal :heh:

anyways...what do you guys think i should talk about? the history of metal like the starting bands...or should i describe the genres of metal starting in order of which they became?

input is well respected! thanks guys... :kickass:

I was actually watching a documentary on metal on tv and they described the "evolution" of metal as we know it today and went through all the genres listing the bands and everything. It was pretty cool because they started all the way back with its roots in dark classical music. You should talk about that and just how it started so far back.

I did a speach on Metal over summer for my speech class. I just broke it down into the main sub genres, gave a description of the sound of each, a very brief history, and some notable bands. Then I gave a 30 second clip of a song from a band in each genre. It went over pretty well, and I think it kept people's attention... especially playing Emperor ^_^

I did a speech on the history of death metal last year in my Speech class. I just started out with the how it started, the first and second waves, and what other genres eventually mixed with it.

I wrote a research paper on "The Proliferation of Prejudice in Norway and its Relation to the Black Metal Culture" for my Ethnic Identities class. :lol: To give you an idea of how shit it was, my main source was Lords Of Chaos. Needless to say, I didn't put much effort into the paper because I fucking despised the class and nobody knows shit about Black Metal anyway. Everyone in that class including the teacher was a dirty fucking hippy.

Necuratul said:
I wrote a research paper on "The Proliferation of Prejudice in Norway and its Relation to the Black Metal Culture" for my Ethnic Identities class. :lol: To give you an idea of how shit it was, my main source was Lords Of Chaos. Needless to say, I didn't put much effort into the paper because I fucking despised the class and nobody knows shit about Black Metal anyway. Everyone in that class including the teacher was a dirty fucking hippy.

lol lords of chaos is inaccurate lol.

zim18 said:
im supposed to talk infront of the class for 10 minutes about any topic i want...
believe it or not im doing heavy metal :heh:

anyways...what do you guys think i should talk about? the history of metal like the starting bands...or should i describe the genres of metal starting in order of which they became?

input is well respected! thanks guys... :kickass:

Might be less common to do a talk about the hidden qualities of metal vs the common, ignorant preconception of "kill your family, rape your dog" stereotypes ?

Just a thought.

Carcassian said:
Might be less common to do a talk about the hidden qualities of metal vs the common, ignorant preconception of "kill your family, rape your dog" stereotypes ?

Just a thought.

I did the same on my speach. I only convinced teh teacher, everyone else don't know shit about metal so they were not even interested.

Cythraul said:
lol lords of chaos is inaccurate lol.

o rly

Spectacular Views said:
the guy who does a presentation on something that demonstrates to everyone else what a weirdo he is

i'm not a weirdo, nobody thinks i am, and my topic was sure a fuck of a lot better than "racism in the fashion industry" and anime

I wrote a paper on the conversion from Paganism to Christianity in Norway two years ago, it included stuff about Burzum, Bathory and the recent Church burnings. My teacher loved it so much he said I should try and get it published. :|

is it just me, or does spectacular views had a sandy vagina/glass in his dick?