need help getting snaretones I don't like :)

Seems there's been a lot of updates to the mix, so I'm just coming into this now, listening to the latest version you posted.

Not a fan of that kind of snare sound either. It just sticks out of the mix in an obnoxious way. It doesn't add the punch, or kick you in the face, it just sounds someone is preparing some really loud popcorn. Sounds a lot like that free snare Slate gave out a while back.

At least though you have it sitting consistently, and it's always there and up front. I really don't know what to add. I'm not overly familiar with those snare sounds, so it's hard to tell whether that sounds good or bad to the people that like those kind of mixes. All I can say is you have my condolences and I hope the band will be happy with it at least.

I'm listening to this new version, it doesn't sound bad... I really like natural snares, but in this case I would as well replace, but if the band want's it... then let them have it... It's not sounding bad, it just could sound better

That snare doesn't suck. You can't suit everybody's taste with just one type of sound anyway.

The snare sounds less intrusive now but it's also less defined than the previous version I have. I'd go for something in between the two. And again really cool guitar sound :headbang: Is that TR on the Mesa?

The 1st snare fit much better imo..

Edit: and i think it was actually refreshing to hear you do another kind of snaresound!
Its also on the things i've been obsessing about myself, i allways seem to get the same kind of snaresounds!