Need Help/playing with Impulse Respondes in real time

Pxz

Nov 13, 2006
Chile - La Serena
Well... thats basically my question, i know how to apply the impulse in a "non cabed" guitar track later on the process, but dont have clue of playing in real time wiht ir`s.
I have a pod xt as a soundcard and for amp modelling, and i use adobe audition 2. Pristine space and boogex is all i got for convolution.

Every info is more than welcome.

(excuse my grammar)

You should really check out Revalver MkII, it has an impulse response module where you just open an impulse and you can play with it without delay. It models some mechanical effects of a cabinet too, like some kind of compression, distorsion etc. There are also some poweramp simulations like the rectifier, marshalls and some homebrew stuff, poweramps are good to have when you are recording a real amp with an impulse. Also the amp sims are not bad eigther.

PristineSpace can run on zero latency, click on the ? in the main window, then click the zero latency button, then you'll have to take the plugin off the track, then reload it, and voila, realtime convolution. Also PristineSpace uses a lot less power than ReValver, so you can get more tracks going on at once.