Need some advice..

ChromeLife

askew
Oct 24, 2001
Atlanta, GA
You folks know a whole lot about death metal it seems... I want to get a new death metal album.... Im getting Deaths Design, and one other..... i dont know what though... i really like Dimmu Borgir's newest release..... and Cruelty and the Beast.. I also really dig In Flames, Soilwork, and Children Of Bodom.... blast beats are ok.. but not for the entire album... something with some substance.. any suggestions?

For starters, most of that isn't really death metal. Beyond that, I'd go with In Flames "Colony" first, then the CoF, then Dimmu Borgir, then Soilwork. Children of Bodom's new one isn't bad, but IMO, the others are a bit better. I DJ at a college radio station, and I only play metal. I've played every one of those albums on the show a few times, and that's what I figure would be your best bets, again, In MY opinion :)

sorry for my "death metal" mistake.. im only Uber when it comes to industrial.. but i still need more.. I have all those albums:) thats why i like the bands :p

Well, when thinking about 'death metal', my mind comes up with following bands:
Amon Amarth, Benediction, Bolt Thrower, Cannibal Corpse, Carcass, Deicide, Dismember, Hypocrisy, Malevolent Creation, Nile, Sinister, Vader and so on... but that's just my mind :)

It seems you'd like Dark Tranquillity's stuff, for example. You should check them out. :err:

Death Metal with substance is definitely Edge Of Sanity. Their albums Purgatory Afterglow and Crimson are prefectly written, memorable, catchy Swedish DM with killer vocals that are either a very understandable growl or clean. Mandatory as far as I'm concerned.