need some drumming tips!

Studio Tech: "Have you ever passed a stick through your snare drum?"
John Longstreth: "That's a Lars Ulrich move."
Studio Tech: "What??"
John Longstreth: "NO!!"

thanks, I wish i could say this is me... very cool guy, hes got a lot of these Vids on tube, this is some random impro solo. you should see him live with a real one... :OMG::OMG::OMG:

Thomas Lang has amazing drum skills..when I started with drum lessons my teacher showed me one of Thomas Lang's DVDs on one of the first drum classes I had and I loved it!
you guys probably have already watched this video but here's one of Dave Lombardo's videos
He's definitely not the best but i like his style and particularly in this video..
I've been training the heel toe technique ..but I'm either doing it wrong or my pedal is too short for my foot cuz i have the chain(the one that connects the pedal to the batter or something like that)between my toes lol but other than that I think I'm getting there ..actually i was playing and my sister got into the room and asked me "what do you have there..a double bass pedal?" lol so I'm kinda happy with the way it's going with that
and I've also been practicing at night some rudiments in my room and tracking it with Vic Firth's webiste http://www.vicfirth.com/education/rudiments/06longroll.html it's also a good one!

btw the place where i have my drumset is probably going to be really cold in the winter is it okay to stay there? or is there any risk of the drum heads getting ruined because of the difference of temperature? ..some friend told me that could happen what do you guys think?

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't start with heel-toe.....get your regular double kick to at least 200 first. It'll make you more versatile (like working regular strokes rather than starting with fingers). But, if you absolutely WANT to work on heel-toe, one of the most common mistakes is that you NEED longer pedals. I have Axis A-longboards and honestly, my heel-toe is jut as good on my yamahas. Some people actually prefer shorter pedals.

Your drum set wont be ruined in the cold but your heads will go out of tune with any temperature fluctuation.

i will get a double kick but not right now cuz I don't have the money for that now!
thanks for the tips though

another thing i remembered.. I've been checking the double pedals on Musician's Friend just to have some idea of prices and the Pearl Eliminator says PowerShifter and the Tama Iron Cobra PowerGlider what's the difference between one and another? (I don't really know what do they mean by those 2 names..powershifter and powerglider)