Need some info on my new pup decision.. EMG60 or AHB-1

nobodysdually

New Metal Member
Nov 10, 2009
Ok guys, my 1981 Peavey T60 has been in its case for a year.. i got broke sold my amps and put the guitar up...

I beleive the guitar is very heavy thick northern ash, not sure.. Has all maple neck and fretboard... Guitar has a EMG PA2booster, and a Pink Floyd style overdrive for more tone options...

I started with EMG 81 bridge, EMG 60A neck... Loved the 81 but the 60A mudded out really nasty, so i swapped in an 85 in the neck and it still was lacking the tone i wanted and mudded out on me...

So i got desperate and tried 81/81 combo, but blah...It wasnt my cup of tea... i am keeping one 81, but I cant decide if i should try a EMG 60 for the neck or a Seymour Duncan Blackout Neck????

Would the Blackout neck be able to swap to bridge without sacrificing tonality?? If i get bored and decide to move the 81 to neck position..

Maybe a Blackout bridge???

Asking your opinions , EMG 60 or Blackout for the neck????.. thanks

I actually briefly had an 81 in the bridge and a Blackout Bridge in the neck, and the Blackout is actually the significantly hotter pickup, so there was no way to really balance the two (the middle position on the toggle pretty much sounded like the neck position). Plus, I just really don't like the Blackout Bridge, the 81-81 combo is my favorite personally! Check this out:

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/...ut-bridge-vs-emg81-round-2-dtb-content-d.html

Thanks Metaltastic,

I had seen your thread a few days ago on the BO VS 81 and that helped me decide to keep my 81...

i personally like the BO's in a 7 string guitar that doesnt have a dark tone body...

i must say that BO's in my Jackson sounded F**in awesome, but I still liked My C7 with the 707's..

I figured my peavey was a darker toned wood/? just guessing. So through all the trial and error i should have tried a regular EMG60 along time ago instead of the 60A..

I cant find any clips on a EMG60 with 18V mod, hopefuly it is much better then the 60A..