Need Some SERIOUS Advice Here!

Eyesore

Apr 9, 2002
Boston
www.eyesoretimes.com
I really want some advice from you guys! I've been dabbling in the graphic arts thing for a while now, but like I've said before something that should take 3 seconds to do takes me 30 minutes because all I've taught myself has been trial and error.

So, what sort of courses should I take to really get myself going with this stuff?

for how to use the software or hardware or art? you should take 3 classes then. how to use photoshop, etc. how to use the mac. and how to draw/perspective/composition/color. have fun.

Well, I can draw. I have no problem with the traditional art aspect of it all (except for Photography). So, you're saying I should simply take a course on Photoshop? And I don't need a Mac, do I? I know everyone says a Mac is best for graphic design, but using a PC is possible, right? I've been working on a PC (inside and out) for almost 10 years now...I'd say "Fuck a Mac!" if I don't need one! Hehehehe...

...I'd say "Fuck a Mac!" if I don't need one! Hehehehe...

Then i'd say grow up, and yes you can use a pc if you wish.

But seriously you should take a compostion and a photography class. You can learn all you want about how photoshop works, but if you can't make an interesting composition, it will not matter how much you know about photoshop, it will still be boring. And a photography course will help you understand photoshop far more than an actual course on photoshop will.
Trust me.

Eyesore said:
Well, I can draw. I have no problem with the traditional art aspect of it all (except for Photography). So, you're saying I should simply take a course on Photoshop? And I don't need a Mac, do I? I know everyone says a Mac is best for graphic design, but using a PC is possible, right? I've been working on a PC (inside and out) for almost 10 years now...I'd say "Fuck a Mac!" if I don't need one! Hehehehe...

It is HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommended that you use a Mac for the unblievable programs and resources it possesses, but yes, it is possible to do graphic art on a PC.

i've been shopping the last 10 yrs, first on pc, and now mac as well. no problems - seems that mac is a bit more stable tho.. make sure you have enuff memory, and dont get into filters straight away. they arent that useful cos they are numerous - u need to know exactly what you want.
why dont you try and copy a pic you really like? like reproducing it. perhaps it wont have the same outcome, but you learn a lot of it. it doesnt matter if you have error, most ppl learn from mistakes.

good luck mate