Need some tips for an album

I don't think BWP is a themed album, even though I'm not 100% sure. Akerfeldt didn't try to consciously write about any particular thing, its just the songs came out sounding like they could be related. Anyhow, he also said that at the time of writing the lyrics he was in a bad mood in which he thought mankind sucked ass, and thats why the songs all turned out being about loss, death, disease, pain and suffering. Oh yeah and if you didn't know Blackwater Park is the name of an obscure (70s?) prog group.

Phew anyways...recommendations-

Nightingale, The Closing Chronicles - This baby really grew on me I love it! Swano is god...

Agalloch - Haven't had it for long, but it is really beautiful doom style metal. I don't know if its really 'metal' in a traditional sense, because most of the way its quite acoustic and calm, but there are some nice heavy bits too. Depressing/calm/beautiful music.

Opeth - Deliverance, I've got it and goddamn it is everything I hoped it would be! It farking kicks ass...a slight departure from their early style, not quite as melodic, but chunkier and heavier. It also has some beautiful moments. Overall it is the release of the year (behind Porcupine Tree's In Absentia), I love it.
GET IT!

Originally posted by Static
Oh yeah and if you didn't know Blackwater Park is the name of an obscure (70s?) prog group.
Most of their titles are copycats.

Projektor is a very variabel open minded melodic death album.

And I tell you: listen to that meshuggah stuff. They are unique. Never heard a band like this. I know them since the none-ep, when they started to make real great different trashmetal. When you like hard stuff I would recommend "Chaosphere" - it's definitely the hardest of all (and hardest to listen to). The most melodic "album" from meshuggah is the EP "None" it's not that strange like the stuff after it. It's the best entrance to meshuggah - one of the most different bands so far.

Originally posted by Wanderingblade
Well, personally I'm really struggling to find a use for Deliverance... too much jam session and not enough song,

Well, damn, I am surprised to hear that, all their fucking albums are like that. Use it as a coaster :D