NEGURA BUNGET - EARTHBOX PREORDERS

Tell me about it. I preordered from the band so i guess it will take even longer since Aural isnt going to do mine. I preordered it with the limited book from the other album as well :zzz:

Unfortunately for you rammpeth, I don't think the band will be producing any boxes and will just take the money and run with it.

This is just fatal business practice on behalf of the band. This is probably the only internet business transaction in recent memory I regret. The former members of the band spoke out against negru's lack of integrity and this seems to be a reflection of that. I hold no grudge against auralmusic and would do business with them again, I received the CD and other trinkets that they promised months ago, but this is definitely my last Negura Bunget purchase.

As someone who makes sure to support bands I enjoy, I appreciate the effort to create something unique when presenting the music, especially nowadays when it is so easier to just download. That's why I bought this item, it's not your run of the mill jewel case and cover art, I thought it would be a nice addition to my bookshelf. :p This is just plainly a punch in the dick to the fans, I imagine the obligation with code 666 didn't go past further then a gentlemen's agreement to produce this item and or else it would have been solved by now, but that's all it really should take. They should have not made claims of being able to produce these if they were not sure if they could do it.

Until then I guess I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Unfortunately for you rammpeth, I don't think the band will be producing any boxes and will just take the money and run with it.

This is just fatal business practice on behalf of the band. This is probably the only internet business transaction in recent memory I regret. The former members of the band spoke out against negru's lack of integrity and this seems to be a reflection of that. I hold no grudge against auralmusic and would do business with them again, I received the CD and other trinkets that they promised months ago, but this is definitely my last Negura Bunget purchase.

As someone who makes sure to support bands I enjoy, I appreciate the effort to create something unique when presenting the music, especially nowadays when it is so easier to just download. That's why I bought this item, it's not your run of the mill jewel case and cover art, I thought it would be a nice addition to my bookshelf. :p This is just plainly a punch in the dick to the fans, I imagine the obligation with code 666 didn't go past further then a gentlemen's agreement to produce this item and or else it would have been solved by now, but that's all it really should take. They should have not made claims of being able to produce these if they were not sure if they could do it.

Until then I guess I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I have to agree with you. This seems to confirm what I suspected for some time. In November, I sent an email to Negru and while he admitted this was their fault for the delays, he actually also blamed Aural Music in a differing vision over the design of the box. I find this difficult to believe. We've all seen the pictures of the box, and it looks great. If that is the design it will be, that's fine with me.

That's why I bought this as well. You don't see this sort of thing very often. I've also received the CD and other items from the box some months ago. I'm keeping my fingers crossed it'll be done sooner rather than later.

I have to agree with you. This seems to confirm what I suspected for some time. In November, I sent an email to Negru and while he admitted this was their fault for the delays, he actually also blamed Aural Music in a differing vision over the design of the box. I find this difficult to believe. We've all seen the pictures of the box, and it looks great. If that is the design it will be, that's fine with me.

That's why I bought this as well. You don't see this sort of thing very often. I've also received the CD and other items from the box some months ago. I'm keeping my fingers crossed it'll be done sooner rather than later.

"... a different vision over design????..." this is ridiculous! the design is 100% done by the band, we never ever said anything about it nor against it, why we should? the truth is the band can't find a technical way to engrave the front of the box within the agreed budget, that's why we offered to do this engraving here in italy at our complete expenses, we just need to get the rough boxes and we accepted to do all the engravings here, doesn't matter if it will cost us the double, we want to put an end to this nightmare and send the boxes to our customers, but guess what? nothing arrived here until now... :zzz:

"... a different vision over design????..." this is ridiculous! the design is 100% done by the band, we never ever said anything about it nor against it, why we should? the truth is the band can't find a technical way to engrave the front of the box within the agreed budget, that's why we offered to do this engraving here in italy at our complete expenses, we just need to get the rough boxes and we accepted to do all the engravings here, doesn't matter if it will cost us the double, we want to put an end to this nightmare and send the boxes to our customers, but guess what? nothing arrived here until now... :zzz:

Yes, that's what he said. If you like, I can send you a PM with it so you can see for yourself. But I agree, it is really ridiculous. I know you guys are doing everything you can and I'll be doing business with you again. It's like the poster above me said; this is a really bad practice from the band and a gentleman's agreement should've been enough. If I knew how to do wood engravings, I'd even volunteer to help with them.

I don't understand why the band would be having such a hard time for creating the designs, it's suppose to be done via wood branding correct? Branding is not as delicate as carving the design in the wood, it could be done with iron heads and a wood burning pen for the intricate details. There are a bunch of sites online where you can order the tools and custom template heads, probably can get all the tools they needed for a few hundred bucks. While I'm no expert on wood craftsmanship, I've gotten intricate designs via branding on my skin with a cauterization pen from a friend(non-professional) who does body modification work and the details still look great, I imagine the process for work for the wood work equivalent would not be much different. :/

This is Negru on behalf of Negura Bunget shading some lights about the earthbox plan. A lot of things have been said about this, but not so many reflect the actual reality unfortunately. The way Aural presented the whole ordeal of the earthboxes was unfair and untrue to us. Yes, they paid all the money we agreed in a long time ago, and yes haven’t been able to finish the boxes. But all in all things are more complex: we had a general plan of the boxes when we started working on them, as well as some costs we discussed and agreed with Aural. The design of the engraving was developed while we worked & tried different versions. The box preview you all saw in photos is the best option we came up with, both in design and execution. The problem is we cannon do those engravings on our own. They are done with a special laser machine, and it’s not cheap at all. Of course Aural wanted us to do all the boxes just like that, and for the costs we originally planned. And unfortunately that was not possible. We did not agree with Aural form the very beginning this exact version is what we have to do! This was something we developed from the original idea and something both us and Aural found a the best result possible.

We informed Aural about this since March 2010, and offered another option, to use a small company to make the engravings, for an extra cost and make the boxes in the best way possible. They declined this option, and told us to look for other options to make the engravings, keeping the costs as originally planned. Our original idea was to make the engravings on our own as well, and although we explored several option for this (including buying two engraving machines), the result were just not as good. We could have changed the design/execution and find cheaper ways to do it, as Aural suggested several times, and keep things on the budget, but we felt that would be the wrong thing to do as would be reflected directly in the overall quality.

The new solution that Aural says they found, to make half of the engravings in Italy was presented to us on December 2010, and also implies some shortcuts in the overall quality (half of the engravings would look different, and the whole look of the box won’t have the same natural flow – because of different steps in the execution). This solution implies also that Aural will pay an extra cost which is more than 70% of the extra costs we told them we’d need to make the whole box in the best way possible month ago. So just to save a small amount of money Aural is willing to compromise the quality of the box, and waited 10 months to decide that. If they would have told us since we originally informed about the engraving problems (in February), we would have put the different on our own, made everything at the right quality and had the boxes finished months ago! They were unable to do even a test copy see if the quality is even remote to what we were able to achieve. Of course anybody can say it is not our job now to ask proves the quality is what we’d expect, especially since we are guilty of the delay… but all we care in the end is to deliver that ultimate idea and concept we worked so hard in creating. And we won’t compromise that!
We are not into this to make money, we already spent a lot more money on our own for this project, no matter what some might think, we are into this to offer a different experience. And one way or the other, this is what we will do!

And one more thing, we are musicians, not carpenters - this not a business project for us, it’s a personal one. Aural knew all this since the very beginning, and decided to work this out with us because we put our soul first into making everything, not our technical skills or business interests. They also knew we’d do things they wouldn’t be able to achieve otherwise, for a fraction of the costs (for example the Drudkh box Season of Mist released costs 2,5 times the earthbox). But to exploit us for their commercial benefits, in the detriments of the quality, is something we won’t accept.

So, to summarize everything bit… we are guilty of didn’t finishing the boxes on time, we are guilty of designing a better version of the boxes, one we cannot finish on the original budget. We are also guilty of not compromising on the quality just to be on budget. Aural however is guilty for cheapening some money instead of doing a great quality box, and waiting months until coming with another solution (which as explained is nor better nor cheaper). We also offered to refund Aural all the money several times instead of doing a poor quality box (although all the boxes are more than 50% finished – only the engravings are missing).

Negru, Thanks for putting your side of the story in. Although i dont know the complexity to which this all goes down to, i just want to know that some day, eventually, i might get my Earthbox. I realize this year was very hectic touring and whatnot but i hope you realize this whole fuss is because people were big enough fans to buy the special edition and support the band. Do you have any idea when this might be solved? if not, pm. me to see if i can pay shipping apart for the Maestrit Book, since this was succesfully released months ago and i paid for mine already.
Regards
Federico

Thank you Negru for letting us know your side of the story. I hope you can understand the frustration over this. Like rammpeth I'm a big fan and I ordered the earth box because I want to support the band, and you don't see this sort of item every day. I'm not an expert on wood burning/engraving, so I had no idea what it really takes to create such an item. I can only hope this problem will be solved soon.

I know how frustrating the situation must be for everybody. It's pretty much the same for us. We are deeply sorry for all these delays and we are doing our best to make it up somehow.
We will get to the end of this, and everybody who ordered a copy will receive it, and it will be done to the highest standards!

i cant believe negru thinks that he can still fool poeple nowadays... he does not have the moral authority to continue like this (minima moralia! :Smug:)... that earth box is clearly not about quality simply beacuse the 'spirit' is no longer there.. (the quality described by negru is EXACT but is not also valid in\as TRUTH)...big little difference!

i was reading negura magazine in 2001 and there was a review written by negru about the first album done by the guys from the band ARGUS.. FULMINEOS and Agerul PAM.. and if i remember well.. negru said something like that this is the worst review ever and that the two band members are so talentless that they should maybe just disband!

the irony...both members are now in negru's 'dead nb' creuzet... great core members!!! itza, fulminenos, urzit etc.. anyway best of luck negru, but still! if he were to have had a minimal respect for the fans.. he should have maybe just renamed nb... and not continue this sophist role again and again

HE JUST DOES NOT CARE!

i cant believe negru thinks that he can still fool poeple nowadays... he does not have the moral authority to continue like this (minima moralia! :Smug:)... that earth box is clearly not about quality simply beacuse the 'spirit' is no longer there.. (the quality described by negru is EXACT but is not also valid inas TRUTH)...big little difference!

i was reading negura magazine in 2001 and there was a review written by negru about the first album done by the guys from the band ARGUS.. FULMINEOS and Agerul PAM.. and if i remember well.. negru said something like that this is the worst review ever and that the two band members are so talentless that they should maybe just disband!

the irony...both members are now in negru's 'dead nb' creuzet... great core members!!! itza, fulminenos, urzit etc.. anyway best of luck negru, but still! if he were to have had a minimal respect for the fans.. he should have maybe just renamed nb... and not continue this sophist role again and again

HE JUST DOES NOT CARE!

well in all fairness sopor this is a little bit more specific, it has only to do with the Earthbox, as opposed to the wider, even more confusing NB disband topic. Personally i wouldve changed the name but thats just me, as an individual and as an aspiring musician. However, some might say he has a right to keep the name or whatever, my point is that even if what you say is true, the only two persons here who can clear this thing are Emi and Negru. No disrespect intended to you of course my friend

I think ignorance is a bilss. None of you knows what happened in Negura Bunget around the time of Hupogrammos and Sol Faur departures. I didn't want to talk about this at that time because it would just amplify a public mess which had no point. That was not about the truth.
I sand by all my actions. If I would have gave up whenever people disagreed with our actions, we would have never even started the band.
I also don't think also that Mr. Sopor has the moral authority to speak on behalf of the Negura Bunget fans. We thank him for his opinions anyway, no matter how hated and narrow minded they are!
Some of the members he talks about are in Negura Bunget for more than 5 yeas, have even been directly involved since in the OM album so some respect for their achievements should be implied.
I always thought that's the fair thing to do... treat people as they deserve and judge by their achievements. People change and evolve, and we should have an open mind to see that when it happens.
In the end though, Negura Bunget is a personal endeavor as as long as it will be true to ourselves, it will never end!

To stay close to the truth, here's the only Argus review I wrote. See for yourself if it's close to what Sopor said:

Argus – Obscur si Etern
Promusic Records, 2002
6/10
Argus is a project of some friends of mine living nearby. They are involved in numerous projects, in a wide palette of genres, unfortunately none seeming too serious (or maybe they’re not that talented as they’d think). The music they play in Argus is still a bit naïve, but has some potential. That’s of course if they could get ride of the rather unpleasant and awkward small mistakes in the interpretation. They perform some Raw Black Metal, though they seem attracted to more elevated paths, at least theoretically. The lyrics are in Romanian, but they’re not on the cover. The
production is not so great, you barely hear all the instruments (although to tell you the truth my friend Hupogrammos was the “producer” of this material, he worked under terrible conditions). The cover looks quite interesting though, a lot better than the music itself. (fulmineos@yahoo.com). (By Negru).

i cant believe negru thinks that he can still fool poeple nowadays... he does not have the moral authority to continue like this (minima moralia! :Smug:)... that earth box is clearly not about quality simply beacuse the 'spirit' is no longer there.. (the quality described by negru is EXACT but is not also valid inas TRUTH)...big little difference!

HE JUST DOES NOT CARE!

i agree with negru and i would like to apollogy for the things I said above!

but there was no narrowminded hate as negru calls it or ressentiment better said- wich fueld my reaction, but the admiration that i had for negru and nb for many years.. so again i apollogy for my reaction and bad memory in paraphrasing that review...:bah:

as for the ontological diferrence exactity-truth
this was just a simple way to adress the issue of spirit that this band had or still has... is it still ontological\authentic on the heidegger\noica note? or is it not.. meaning just a ontic one.:cry:

best of luck to negru and nb in the new NB era! :Spin::wave::Smokin::cool:

HE JUST DOES NOT CARE!

Sorry Sopor but I really can't cope with that kind of bullshit. I had the chance to talk to Negru and interview him (posted it above), a few months ago. I've done more than a hundred interviews for Transit Mag, including "small" bands and some major acts (Judas Priest, In Flames, Helloween...) but I rarely talked to someone as modest and interesting as Negru. Maybe I'm a bit too naive or maybe Sopor is too cynical but while talking to Negru I never felt that I was facing someone who doesn't care, as you say...

Have you seen the pictures of the earthbox? Ok it's late but seeing the quality of this object don't you think it's worth waiting a little longer? Hope Aural and NB can pull this through anyway

Sorry Sopor but I really can't cope with that kind of bullshit. I had the chance to talk to Negru and interview him (posted it above), a few months ago. I've done more than a hundred interviews for Transit Mag, including "small" bands and some major acts (Judas Priest, In Flames, Helloween...) but I rarely talked to someone as modest and interesting as Negru. Maybe I'm a bit too naive or maybe Sopor is too cynical but while talking to Negru I never felt that I was facing someone who doesn't care, as you say...

Have you seen the pictures of the earthbox? Ok it's late but seeing the quality of this object don't you think it's worth waiting a little longer? Hope Aural and NB can pull this through anyway

So, negru, is there any solution you can think of in the near future?

just goes to show you,,i wouldve sworn relationships between code666 and NB were really good since they are promoted all the time and have the first vinyl on that label etc.