Negura Bunget OFFICIAL SITE Launch

Originally posted by lurch70
>>>>this, coming from a band that used to proudly proclaim they hoped no one liked their music...... while signed to a tiny label that you would never have even heard of if the net hadn sprung up so big.. >>>>

the ignorance of how people interpret the music business (or any business) never ceases to amaze me !!!

How can one get the word out on their art and ideology if nobody gets to hear it ...

Check the 101 Rules of Black Metal here: http://www.metalstorm.ee/fun/101.htm

and lighten up dude :)

i run a label, i know how 'business' works. fukk you.

That is even more amazing ... then you should know better!

>>> fukk you. >>>

Great way to get new buyers for your records ...

notice that i put the word in QUOTES.

art isnt really about 'business' ...

entertainment is.

while it would be nice if i could release and give away for free everything i want to the people i want/ who deserve to here it, i can't ; with that in mind, of course things cost $ and must be promoted in certain ways. necessities of the system if you will. aside from recovering manufacturing and mailing costs, there should be absolutely no motivation for $ in any form of art, especially something that should be underground art.

While I am not here to argue about the music business, I know one thing ... everything in the world is about "business". This is unfortunate but true ...

My argument is that a band trying to spread the word about their ideals should do their best to get the best distribution possible.

As far as the website, I believe a friend of theirs did it so it was not a big expense (not too sure about this though)

Even though working for a non-profit organization is a good thing (having worked for one myself) ... I don't think that is what bands have in mind when they sign record deals.