Nevemore Gothenburg Concert 19/9 review

Karmic

speedy meatmonger
Jun 9, 2002
Gothenburg, Sweden
Visit site
Alright, this is the third fucking time I'm writing this, my damn browser keeps doing some crap so i lose the whole written text.

It was fucking brilliant, everything with it.
Even met up with Warrel before the concert, and was talking to him a bunch. He twirled out of the bus when he met me, hahahaha. And asked me if I wanted to drink beer with them when the concert was over.

AE were slow, and half the crowd left after AE were done. Bitches.

Nevemore had a brilliant intro, with EOR, twas EXTREMELY GOOD, and got the whole crowd going right away. Including me. Stood somewhere in the front.

since i described the setlist in my last two tries to post this review, im not going to describe them, Ill just list it up

EOR
Never Purify
Lost
Seven Tongues of God
Narcosynthesis
In Memory
Ambivalent
Sea of Possibilities
DHIADW
Tomorrow Turned into Yesterday
Who Decides

i think that was the order they played it, and then they left....

and came back for an encore, since they didnt expect less from us.
after a few jokes including "Past tense my ass", they started on
The Learning... was soooo fucking good. And Steve Smyth really did a good job on the other guitars, Warrel was going "wow" the whole time at him. :lol:

Last song. Sound of Silence. the best fuvking song that whole concert, because of the way they played it. Plus, he asked us to come up on stage, as long as we didnt kick him in the teeth.
Very much coolness, and halfway into the song, i started climbing up, to fulfill my lifelong dream. Alas, almost up, I was pulled down by a guard who started pulling down people due to one guy that had tried to jump out to surf, but jumped towards an empty part. Ouch. hahahahahahaha

The whole concert was excellent, and besides the few small problems, and the small venue, and a few retards standing in front of me. it was all totally great.

Was a shame those guys dissapeared, and half of them decided to wait to see if there was any party after. Bastards. Nevemore stayed backstage, and after waiting for more than an hour, I left.

But I got myself two new shirts. and a button/pin :D
and btw, they sell caps now :Smug:

Was totally worth my while, even if some things didnt work out the way they were planned to.

You americans and the rest of you Europeans are in for a few big suprises ;)
MARK MY WORDS!!!!

A few pics from the show.

nevermore010.jpg

nevermore015.jpg

nevermore013.jpg

nevermore002.jpg

no What Tomorrow Knows...
no Optimist or Pessimist...
no Next in Line...
no Beyond Within...
no Engines of Hate...
no I, Voyager...

Seems like they decided not to play the best song of each album... :erk:

The old Swede said:
no What Tomorrow Knows...
no Optimist or Pessimist...
no Next in Line...
no Beyond Within...
no Engines of Hate...
no I, Voyager...

Seems like they decided not to play the best song of each album... :erk:

HARDLY.

Well, before leaving, I managed to see the setlist they used, which was double as much as the songs they played... meaning they chose which ones to take...

dun really remember which ones were on them, but i DO remember seeing Seed Awakening among others, and Silent Hedges....

and a bunch more....

NO DNB?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!??! *never ever ever ever ever wants to see Nevermore..... NEVER ever ever ever ever ever ever*

hi.

lol, i remember now, on my way home, whats that guys name.... ola frenning? the uncle guitarist from soilwork....

they all seemed to be partying at the same place.. haha

damn, and i missed out on that :(

Karmic said:
Alright, this is the third fucking time I'm writing this, my damn browser keeps doing some crap so i lose the whole written text.

It was fucking brilliant, everything with it.
Even met up with Warrel before the concert, and was talking to him a bunch. He twirled out of the bus when he met me, hahahaha. And asked me if I wanted to drink beer with them when the concert was over.

AE were slow, and half the crowd left after AE were done. Bitches.

Nevemore had a brilliant intro, with EOR, twas EXTREMELY GOOD, and got the whole crowd going right away. Including me. Stood somewhere in the front.

since i described the setlist in my last two tries to post this review, im not going to describe them, Ill just list it up

EOR
Never Purify
Lost
Seven Tongues of God
Narcosynthesis
In Memory
Ambivalent
Sea of Possibilities
DHIADW
Tomorrow Turned into Yesterday
Who Decides

i think that was the order they played it, and then they left....

and came back for an encore, since they didnt expect less from us.
after a few jokes including "Past tense my ass", they started on
The Learning... was soooo fucking good. And Steve Smyth really did a good job on the other guitars, Warrel was going "wow" the whole time at him. :lol:

Last song. Sound of Silence. the best fuvking song that whole concert, because of the way they played it. Plus, he asked us to come up on stage, as long as we didnt kick him in the teeth.
Very much coolness, and halfway into the song, i started climbing up, to fulfill my lifelong dream. Alas, almost up, I was pulled down by a guard who started pulling down people due to one guy that had tried to jump out to surf, but jumped towards an empty part. Ouch. hahahahahahaha

The whole concert was excellent, and besides the few small problems, and the small venue, and a few retards standing in front of me. it was all totally great.

Was a shame those guys dissapeared, and half of them decided to wait to see if there was any party after. Bastards. Nevemore stayed backstage, and after waiting for more than an hour, I left.

But I got myself two new shirts. and a button/pin :D
and btw, they sell caps now :Smug:

Was totally worth my while, even if some things didnt work out the way they were planned to.

You americans and the rest of you Europeans are in for a few big suprises ;)
MARK MY WORDS!!!!

Great review- Could you explain what the new merchandise looks like for this tour? Did they have long sleeves or hoodies and what do the hats look like are they ball caps or beenies?

Thanks!