Nevermore as a 4-piece

Traxan

Mar 10, 2012
Dunno how I missed this, but I came late to the band as it is. Anyway, here they are at Wacken as a 4-piece.

How long did that last? I assume this is between Broderick going to Megadeth and hiring Atilla. Did they tour a lot as a 4-piece?

Last edited by a moderator:
You really need a solid bassist to be a four-piece with the heavy, thick sound Nevermore has, and Shepard ain't it. That weak picking style of his looks like he's barely playing.

Question: I first heard of/saw Nevermore in 2000 when they toured with In Flames and a very young Shadows Fall. I went to see IF, didn't even know who Nevermore was. This was the Dead Heart tour. Who was on second guitar at that point? Murphy?

Yep.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eR6jVVUG-A"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eR6jVVUG-A[/ame]

And i strongly disagree with your opinion about Shepard.
You miss him when he's not there.
Saw Nevermore with Dagna replacing Jim and as much as i appreciate her work, i missed the musketeer factor.
Nevermore without Jim, is like soup without balls.

................but Dagna! *swoon*

eh seen them with Pat, Tim , Curran, no one, Chris, Steve, and Attila, with Jim without Jim.ermm.. Tim still definatley my fave out of all the 2nd guitarists. The guy has a super unique twist to his playing.

You really need a solid bassist to be a four-piece with the heavy, thick sound Nevermore has, and Shepard ain't it. That weak picking style of his looks like he's barely playing.
That's always bothered the fuck out of me, just tickling the string by the bridge and spamming the B when Jeff plays too many notes.

That's always bothered the fuck out of me, just tickling the string by the bridge and spamming the B when Jeff plays too many notes.

Yup. Loomis strums harder and he's playing thinner strings. Jim needs to attack those strings like Lemmy does. As it is he looks like his writing with a pen.

Only time I saw them play was back in the pre-Nevermore days, when we were doing the demos.

5949593.jpg