Nevermore Cancels PP VII Appearance

Oops I think many will be dissapointed sorry for the Nevermore fans. Still I'll go hope you people still attend, you're my reason to go.

Wyvern said:
Oops I think many will be dissapointed sorry for the Nevermore fans. Still I'll go hope you people still attend, you're my reason to go.

I'm definitely still going. :headbang: The lineup is pretty dang solid for me. Did you catch the thread over there about the headliner he tried to get before NM and Evergrey? Dio. That would have been pretty cool too.

I'll still be there, but unless he pulls off something surprising...this is a sub-par line up for me. The only bands I was really excited about were the headliners. Oh well, that means plenty of bar time for me.:)

I agree with those people in the thread who said Fates Warning. I'd fly out there for that.
Or if notl, maybe Redemption or OSI?

I too was sadly disappointed.... it's too bad the rescheduled shows interfere with PP..but I have great faith that Glenn will pull something amazing out of his bag of tricks.

p.s. the bands are great for me but after myfirst PP show I knew it was all about the people and the friendly vibes as well as the great bands!

This sucks. There was something really cool about seeing Evergrey and Nevermore on the same bill, headlining to boot.

I think Nevermore really shot themselves in the foot on this decision... They may never have a chance like this again in the US.

Anyone wanna take bets on Disturbed cancelling in Sept. also? NM will be left High 'n Dry again...

Oh well... their loss.

I would also assume that Glenn will NEVER ever consider doing any sort of favor for NM also... who could blame him. I was pretty sure that it was Glenn's doing that got NM and SYM X on Gigantour... Nice fucking payback from the band.

Reading the old news section on the PP site:

Nevermore will close out the festival on Saturday night. Fresh off last year’s Gigantour stadium tour and a slot on Opeth’s last North American tour, Nevermore has gained critical and fan praise for its latest release, "This Godless Endeavor."

“I think the band deserves a hell of a lot more than another direct support slot,” Harveston said. “The time for a full headline set is now and this is the place to do it. If they want to play three hours, then they are going to play three hours."

That is honest to god respect... I bet Glenn feels like total shit now...

Narcosynthesys68 said:
I would also assume that Glenn will NEVER ever consider doing any sort of favor for NM also... who could blame him. I was pretty sure that it was Glenn's doing that got NM and SYM X on Gigantour... Nice fucking payback from the band.

That is honest to god respect... I bet Glenn feels like total shit now...

Yeah, payback like that can come back to bite you on the ass at the worst possible time. Glenn does a really unique thing in giving bands a leg up on US exposure and putting together a group of live acts that most of us wouldn't get to see otherwise. It ain't right for him to get stabbed in the back like that. Twice.

I hope you and Kat still make it down. It wouldn't be the same without you two. :erk:

Mxgonzo said:
Don't really care for Nevermore so I'm not too upset about this. I'm wishing for a Vanden Plas appearance!!!

Man I don't know how VP became such a darling, but a shitload of people are asking for them to headline. Everyone herwe knows I am a VP fan so I am all for it, but I never saw them more than a slot four act.

Bryant

This sucks. I was looking forward to Nevermore tearing Earthlink apart on Saturday night. I'm sure Glenn will get someone great. I would also like to see Vanden Plas, but I don't think they are headliners yet. Maybe? Are they bigger than Epica over in Europe? I'm betting on Symphony X making a return. New album should be out. I wouldn't mind seeing them again. Pagan's Mind would be cool, bit they aren't headliners either.

SavaRon said:
This sucks. I was looking forward to Nevermore tearing Earthlink apart on Saturday night. I'm sure Glenn will get someone great. I would also like to see Vanden Plas, but I don't think they are headliners yet. Maybe? Are they bigger than Epica over in Europe? I'm betting on Symphony X making a return. New album should be out. I wouldn't mind seeing them again. Pagan's Mind would be cool, bit they aren't headliners either.

Vanden Plas is my favorite (current) band period. However, I will even admit they probably are 3rd to 4th slot. Having said that, there seems to be a big demand for them. I won't complain if they headline. They do have the material for it.

Bryant