Nevermore Cancels PP VII Appearance

Bryant said:
Vanden Plas is my favorite (current) band period. However, I will even admit they probably are 3rd to 4th slot. Having said that, there seems to be a big demand for them. I won't complain if they headline. They do have the material for it.
Bryant

They were a 3rd slot at IV so a move up to headline ain't a big reach. Especially after they kicked everyone's ass at IV. :headbang:

You need to check this out if you haven't already. You will shit your pants, guaranteed:

http://www.limb-music.de/cgi-bin/limb.cgi?frame=body&page=HOME

Check out the blurb for Red Circuit. I've heard it and it kicks ass.

Wheezer said:
You need to check this out if you haven't already. You will shit your pants, guaranteed:

Check out the blurb for Red Circuit. I've heard it and it kicks ass.

Hmmm.... I like the style. It is a bit of the VP style. The keys aren't "there" though. I do dig that style though. Cool shit !!

Bryant

Bryant said:
Hmmm.... I like the style. It is a bit of the VP style. The keys aren't "there" though. I do dig that style though. Cool shit !!

Bryant

You did *read* the blurb didn't you? You know, Chity being the vocalist. Andy being the co-producer. Stephan playing some guitar on it. Come on man, I thought this would make you totally crap your drawers! :D :headbang:

SavaRon said:
This sucks. I was looking forward to Nevermore tearing Earthlink apart on Saturday night. I'm sure Glenn will get someone great. I would also like to see Vanden Plas, but I don't think they are headliners yet. Maybe? Are they bigger than Epica over in Europe? I'm betting on Symphony X making a return. New album should be out. I wouldn't mind seeing them again. Pagan's Mind would be cool, bit they aren't headliners either.
Hey Ron, I say we make a push for Doctor Butcher as Sat. headliner. Zak will already be there, so he can come up and do some 'Tage songs with them. I've suggested this already on the pp forum and hope Glenn considers it.

This totally fucking sucks. A headlining time-length Nevermore set was one of my main selling point reasons to go this year. I am so bummed right now, even having seen them a bunch of times it would have been totally different with them on the big stage at Earthlink.

I am really low on my prospects of going this year to PP. The atmosphere is really cool like everyone says but to sink that much $$ into a concert event where you aren't too jazzed about the performers is not really something I'm currently thinking of doing.

Glenn does a really good job overall of booking bands and I see this cancellation as no fault of his own, but still I don't forsee a new headliner really grabbing my attention like Nevermore did.

...unless it is Solitude Aeturnus, maybe...:Spin:

We'll see what happens soon.

Walter_Langkowski said:
...unless it is Solitude Aeturnus, maybe...

We'll see what happens soon.

That would be sooooooooooooo for me :D

I voted in a couple of threads at the PPUSA forum...but why not postwhoring here too:

Blind Guardian
Manigance
Dream Theater
Shadow Gallery
Masterplan
Skyclad
Steel Prophet
Angra
Astral Doors
Stream Of Passion/Ayreon
Highland Glory
Falconer
Jorn
Time Requiem
Mesmerize
Pharaoh
Rata Blanca
Wolf
Stormwind

ah let's cut the crap and bring Rush :p

Walter_Langkowski said:
F#@& you, Bill.

:Spin:

I like them and they were good at PP4 but I don't see them as a headliner, IMO.

Oh! Touched a nerve did I? Hahaha!!
VANDEN PLAS!
VANDEN PLAS!
VANDEN PLAS!!
VANDEN PLAS!
VANDEN PLAS!!

Wheezer said:
You did *read* the blurb didn't you? You know, Chity being the vocalist. Andy being the co-producer. Stephan playing some guitar on it. Come on man, I thought this would make you totally crap your drawers! :D :headbang:

That is pretty much a supergroup. The song is not my fave, but maybe there are better ones on there. Did I ask you if your heard the last Firewind with Chity on vocals ? It absolutely blazes.

Bryant

Bryant said:
Did I ask you if your heard the last Firewind with Chity on vocals ? It absolutely blazes.
Bryant

I think you did in a PM. I'll have to check it out and see. The Red Circuit is really the first I've heard of him. I see why you suggested him as vox for Tad Morose. He and Urban have similar styles.

Wheezer said:
I think you did in a PM. I'll have to check it out and see. The Red Circuit is really the first I've heard of him. I see why you suggested him as vox for Tad Morose. He and Urban have similar styles.

That one song is not a good representative of his vocals. In fact, you do have a Firewind song. It is on disc three of the PPVI sampler. He does have some similar traits to Urban. Both are obvious Dio fans. The guy slays.

Bryant

Bryant said:
That one song is not a good representative of his vocals. In fact, you do have a Firewind song. It is on disc three of the PPVI sampler. He does have some similar traits to Urban. Both are obvious Dio fans. The guy slays. Bryant

The one song may not be but I've got the whole disc and he does change it up quite a bit from song to song. It's a really good disc. I'll have to check the sampler for the Firewind.

Wheezer said:
The one song may not be but I've got the whole disc and he does change it up quite a bit from song to song. It's a really good disc. I'll have to check the sampler for the Firewind.

That's cool. He is what I consider an "elite" vocalist. If Tad Morose could score him, they wouldn't miss a beat. That's saying a bunch, because Urban is a freaking vocal God in my ears, but Chity can unleash it as well as anyone. I don't know what he sounds like on that proggish release, but Firewind is not too unlike TM. They have some heavy stuff and are basically powermetal with an oldschool vibe much like TM.

Bryant