Nevermore in HAMBURG anybody???

xSUIxTOMMYx

Polish Legions & Enemies
Aug 5, 2003
San Francisco, CA
Visit site
Am I gonna meet any of you guys tomorrow at Nevermore`s gig?
I`m just leaving for it (14 housr long voyage...) so if anybody of NM board-memebers plans to be there, do not hesitate and be shy and we get to meet each other. Look for the SuiCyco in The Bandana ;-)
Hatesphere_1.jpg

tommy!
have fun, and don't forget to take a lot of pictures and post them you know where ;)

Hamburg is an awesome city (very dirty too, but gray and has its charm)
have fun for me too, mmK? :)

Though I am no regular and have no photo to show, I will be there.
And remember: no bandana = no recognition = no free Beck's
:)

Bah, no Beck's there...

The gig was awesome. Even the support acts were pretty cool. I didn't know them before. Dew-Scented was not my cup of tea but still fun to watch. (1-2-3-Go!! And then all hell breaks loose.)

Nevermore still didn't play any song from the first album, but nevertheless the show was really good.

Tracklist (not ordered, my head is still spinning):

Precognition
Born
Acid Words
Bittersweet Feast
Narcosynthesis
The River Dragon Has Come
Ophidian
Beyond Within
Dreaming Neon Black
The Seven Tongues Of God
The Learning
Sentient 6
The Heart Collector
Sound Of Silence
Final Product
This Godless Endeavor
Enemies Of Reality

Oh, yeah... it was nice meeting you, Tommy. I wish you a save homeward journey.

I`m back home from the 14-hours long way to Hamburg and same long back, fortunatelly still in one piece ;-)

Hails to Niels, it was cool to be noticed by you, seems like my first post in that topic worked out ;-)

We came to Hamburg as a 5-piece, been at the spot early enough to meet the band soon after soundchecking. We brought some Polish delicious juices for Warrel and Jim and a bunch of high-octaned juices for Stefek, Jeff, Van and... Ms.A (Laurie I hope that the bottle for you will be delivered by Stefek full ;-) )
Myself, my Polish Legions/Pure Metal camrades were very happy to hang out with Stefek and Jeff for a while, get tons of our stuff signed and - what`s most important - talk to the Half-Polish Nevermore Guitar Duo in a friendly atmosphere ;-)
While having good times to Mr. Smyth and Mr. Glodowski aka Loomis suddenly Warrel passed by and when I introduced myself to him, he said...that he recognizes me from the board by my Suicidal Bandana (which actually was not on my head at that time, so Warrel`s word impressed me even more ;-) ) he took a look at the latest Pure Metal issue (containing interviews with himself and The Half-Polish Duo) and got a promise that there will be more piecese mailed to the band.
Van and Jim were quite impressed that we drove such a long distance just to see Nevermore on stage and it was not a first time for me to feel very glad that I made it - remeber, points scored abroad count twice ;-)
We left outside and again met Warrel on the street, said "Hi" to him, didnt want to interrupt him in his free time before the show.
As for the Nevermore concert itself...I was blown away since the first note. I took position infront of Stefek and after his AMAZING whammie lead in Bittersweat Feats I went to Jeff`s side to watch his awesome play in River Dragon...My jaw was floored by the precise work of the axes, tight and stable beat and bass section and most of all by Warrels vocals which were so intense, bonebreaking and heartshaking... I have never seen live such an emotional vocal performance since Feb 13, 1994 when Keith Caputo gave his whole heart to the Polish audience. Last night I witnessed a GENIUS singing on stage. And I felt a bit of that GENIUS deep in my heart while during Sentient 6 Warrel was looking like a hunting wolf (BTW-I could not find better words of comparison, soulflypl) looked deep into my eyes for a couple of seconds, still moving on stage in different direction and keeping the eye contact. It totally freezed me. The Stage The Genius Has Reigned.
Then again during Sentient 6 in the beginning of the faster part, Van were counting on his hi hat and the other hand with a stick he pointed straight at me and did not allowed me to pick mu jaw up from the floor.
When the band ended their marvelous performance, they thanked to the crowd, shaking hands and...giving away picks (thank you, Jeff) and drumsticks (thank you, Van).
Afterwards we went outside to calm down and to meet the guys again. And again all of us gathered had smiles on our faces. I had to admit it to the guys that I have wasted lots of time and money for the trip and the band of which: 1) Jeff cannot play 2) Steve cannot play 3) Van cannot play 4) Jim cannot play 5) Warrel cannot sing 6) LIKE NONE OTHER!!!

Once again - thank you very much, Nevermore, from the bottom of my heart for this special night. Extra special thanks goes to Mr. Steve Smyth and Ms.A who were very kind and put The Polish Legions on the guestlist.
See you in Poland!!!

Last but not least - thanks to my Polish Legionaires without whom that trip would not the same!!!
METAL!!!

PS. Pictures to come soon ;-)

Ms.A - it was a great trip to a great concert. That 30 hours long trip (there back altogether) included maybe 3-4 hours of a "sleep" but it was fukking worth it. I had to choose: going to a date with the most beautiful and smart woman in my company (yep, she went to Nigel Kennedy`s gig by herself) or going to Hamburg to witness amazing concert. To me the choice was obvious, this date can wait ;-)

I`ll throw the pics tomorrow, just saw all of them, some are quite good, aint that good as soulflypl`s but I hope you guys can stand it ;)
Meanwhile just to tease you now and to prove that Warrel is magical on stage...

Obraz084.jpg

We were taking pic switching the camera among each other so some of them are so-so....all of them are so-so to be honest.
But here`s the one I took that can be shown to the world - maybe soulfypl could do something with that horned hand?
JimWarrel.jpg

Nice pics
it was so amazing, i can absolutely agree with you tommy.
although my journey wasnt as long as yours it did cost me alot of time and money too.
me and my girlfriend took the train directly after work at 17h. at 20h we arrived in hamburg then went to the absolute awsome concert. after that we hab to wait until, i think it was 4.40 to take the train back to our hometown.(yeah fuck the Deutsche Bahn:puke: ) we returned at 9.00h to instantly go to work again.
In the end ive paid about 140 euros for this trip.(unfortunately i invited my girlfriend aaarrrgggghhh)But i can say that i regret nothing! the only negative thing was that i had become sick just two days before the concert so that i was forced to stay away from the moshpit.........

NeonBlackDreamer - thank you very much ;-)

the whole trip was sleepless to me...woke up in the Wednesday morning, did my stuff to do that day and left home for train which departured shorty before 11p. Arrived to Szczecin at 6am, met my guys, went for breakfast at Marek`s place and then we hit the road to Hamburg by 23-years old Mercedes ;-)
Arrived at 2pm, then what happened I wrote previously ;-) We got back on car at 2am and headed to Szczecin where we jumpred on trains to our towns at 8am. dont get me wrong, I aint no tough guy but I have to admit that it was quite impressive for me to get almost none sleep (because I would not call sleeping on train or car for 3-4 hours only during the whole trip...), especially that when I got back home at 3pm on Friday, I got the call from my work that I must be at 8p there because the whole departement is gonna party at the metal bar ;-) So i took shower, got some coffe and went to Warsaw to have some beers with my work-colleges at some good spot to represent Nevermore with pride http://www.clubrock.pl/galeria/details.php?image_id=444&mode=search