Nevermore in SF 4/9/06

Enemy242

Jun 27, 2004
CA
www.myspace.com
hmm i just got back and thought someone would've already made a thread but oh well. i got there about 30 minutes after the doors opened so i could catch all the opening bands and luckily i didn't miss anything. hate eternal went on first and had pretty good sound. they played about 5 or 6 songs i think, i didn't really recognize them except for I Monarch and they played really well and had a lot of energy, they even got a moshpit going by the 1st or 2nd song. then nevermore went on and pretty much ruled. i was about 2 people away from the stage, maybe one and right in front of warrel. jeff didn't really move around much from what i saw and neither did steve but warrel was moving around a lot and performed amazingly well and they were all just great. the sound was pretty good but the guitars seemed pretty low but that didn't make the set bad. after they finished i and a lot of people were screaming one more song one more song and even a chant started up i think and as nevermore left the stage some people came up to them and talked to them and they put all thier guitars and bass back on and went back on stage and played another song. the setlist was as follows and is almost in order i think

Final Product
I Voyager
Poison Godmachine
Dead Heart In A Dead World
This Godless Endeavor
Born

off stage/encore

Enemies Of Reality

great show, we were lucky to get that last song, its crazy because as me and my brother were walking to the venue i was saying man, the last setlists have looked great but i really wish they'd put in enemies of reality.

for anyone who's interested i stayed and watched arch enemy and they were pretty damn good, much better than i was expecting. angela is a great frontwoman and had a lot of energy and they all nailed all thier parts, the new guy however didn't seem that interested or have much energy. the setlist was as follows i think but not in order

Nemesis
Out For Blood
My Apocalypse
The Immortal
Bury Me An Angel
Burning Angel (its off wages, i don't think thats the title though)
We Will Rise
Skeleton Dance
Ravenous
Silent wars i think

thats all i can really remember, the sound where i was was really loud but my brother who was in the back said it was some of the best sound he had ever heard so i guess it really varied.

also during chimeira i think jeff came by and i got to shake his hand and say hi and talk for a really short while which was pretty cool.

edit: i forgot to talk about the merch i think, they had the dead heart t shirt, enemies of reality tshirt, white longsleeve one, red workshirt, and a beltbuckle. they might've had more but i'm almost positive thats all they had. i was really looking forward to a this godless endeavor tour shirt =/

such a tiny setlist...
what....NO PICS?? i know the fillmore can be a bitch about cameras but mang....i need pics!
Im very sad i missed it...i need to hear from the rest of the board crew who went!

actually i beleive the setlist was

Final Product
I Voyager
Engines of Hate
Poison Godmachine
Dead Heart In A Dead World
This Godless Endeavor
Born
Encore: Enemies Of Reality

awesome awesome setlist and fantastic show

boobs6gz.gif

Im freaking giddy for Wednesday Night

I was there too. I was about three-four people back from the front row. I got a bunch of shots from my Treo 650 camphone. Just a low resolution camera phone, so don't expect high quality.

Click here for gallery.

Here's a few samples:

Photo_040906_047.jpg

Photo_040906_048.jpg

Photo_040906_060.jpg

Photo_040906_072.jpg

Photo_040906_076.jpg

Photo_040906_043.jpg

(There are also pictures of Hate Eternal and Arch Enemy in the gallery link above. None of my Chimaira pics came out any good because I was getting bounced around too much by the *core kids).

Show was awesome. Sound for Nevermore was almost perfect. There was a fun moment when Warrel's mic went out during Enemy's of Reality, and he gestured to the audience, and everyone just sung the song for him as he was fixing the mic cords, etc :heh:

This was the first time I've seen them live even though I've been a fan since the Sanctuary days! Had a great time. Thanks to the boys for putting on an awesome show!

Fuck, I wish I could have gone :(

My brother's friend told me Warrel said, "We're going to play the longest song off our latest album... it's called Freebird."

lol, yep, thats exactly what he said, and then they played this godless endeavor, omg jeff loomis played it so perfectly it was amazing, hes crazy @_@

LadyValerie said:
Fuck, I wish I could have gone :(

My brother's friend told me Warrel said, "We're going to play the longest song off our latest album... it's called Freebird."

Yeah. That's what he said. Then played "This Godless Endeavor". Was awesome. I only wish they could have played a bit longer! But they were an "opening act" :rolleyes: .

I may actually make the jaunt up to Chico when they play there. A bit of a hike, but not bad compared to my 340 mile trip down to LA for Opeth. :p